Want to buy B-11 ACCU-TRAK II

Looking for a B-11 ACCU-TRAK II autopilot or a complete system.  Have cash will travel!  I have a 1965 Mooney M20E with a working PC.  billadams06@cox.net

Having followed this forum for a few years, your request is right there with "Does anyone have a Holy Grail to sell?"

Good luck!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I have a accutrack that I have been meaning to add to my wing leveler for about a year now.  It's been sitting in the box since I had everything gone through at Brittain, and purchased everything to complete the kit.

dont let my wife find out there worth much or she would sell it in a heartbeat.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2015 at 7:47 AM, dmc said:

I have a accutrack that I have been meaning to add to my wing leveler for about a year now.  It's been sitting in the box since I had everything gone through at Brittain, and purchased everything to complete the kit.

For sale now for 5K. I assume the wife found the Accutrack?

• Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2015 at 7:47 AM, dmc said: I have a accutrack that I have been meaning to add to my wing leveler for about a year now.  It's been sitting in the box since I had everything gone through at Brittain, and purchased everything to complete the kit.

For sale now for 5K. I assume the wife found the Accutrack?

Either that or like me, writing the check for the Spring college tuition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

i just had my starter and starter drive adapter rebuilt and the wife is not happy.  I was working on getting my instrument rating and figured it would be nice to have the accutrack installed for IFR.  But the wife is a nervous flyer as is and I just don't think it is worth it for me to continue.  

So if these things are going for 3-5k, I figure mine should be worth the top end since I have the complete kit that was gone through from the factory and everything needed to add to a wing leveler.  Every hose and connector needed is there.

But I havnt heard from the OP so I may still end up installing it in the plane as it would be nice to have.  My annual is in July and if I have no supprises I'll probably have it done then.  

The value is actually in the valve due to scarcity.  The accutrak box, last I checked with brittain was around $600 and they had a few in stock that were reworked with different type switches.     I wanted to buy one, but thought it should wait as I still haven't installed my accuflite or alt hold.  If I were you, I would go ahead and install it.   ;)  Just my opinion, but I doubt anyone would actually pay as much as some have suggested.  

• 3 weeks later...

About a 18 months ago I bought a NOS Accutrak, Accuflite, and 805 off Ebay for $550.  I had Brittain overhaul all three items with a charge of just under $500, including new wiring/hoses/instruction sheets/STC. 

If you're hungry for one of these units you are competing with other regular buyers in addition to scalpers and have to be diligent/consistent in your search--but good deals are out there.

Worth mentioning again, a Part 23 re-write is expected/due by the end of 2017.  If you are not familiar, it is expected that owners of older legacy aircraft (like a M20C) will be able to install non-STC equipment into their own aircraft if the owner is willing to change the basic registration to a "Primary Non-Commercial" status.  Many are of the opinion that the bulk of the vintage fleet will end up PNC and PNC aircraft will command higher value than the standard airworthiness siblings.  This topic is important when thinking about autopilots as you can buy an arguably superior non-STC'd autopilot for the same or less price than a Brittain assembly and otherwise for a fraction of the price of an STC'd unit.  This is important not only in procurement costs but in terms of future autopilot maintenance cost. 

• Like 1

• I am very impressed with TruTrak Autopilots and would love to have one of their systems in the Mooney!
  • 57 minutes ago, Tom said:

About a 18 months ago I bought a NOS Accutrak, Accuflite, and 805 off Ebay for $550.  I had Brittain overhaul all three items with a charge of just under $500, including new wiring/hoses/instruction sheets/STC. 

If you're hungry for one of these units you are competing with other regular buyers in addition to scalpers and have to be diligent/consistent in your search--but good deals are out there.

Worth mentioning again, a Part 23 re-write is expected/due by the end of 2017.  If you are not familiar, it is expected that owners of older legacy aircraft (like a M20C) will be able to install non-STC equipment into their own aircraft if the owner is willing to change the basic registration to a "Primary Non-Commercial" status.  Many are of the opinion that the bulk of the vintage fleet will end up PNC and PNC aircraft will command higher value than the standard airworthiness siblings.  This topic is important when thinking about autopilots as you can buy an arguably superior non-STC'd autopilot for the same or less price than a Brittain assembly and otherwise for a fraction of the price of an STC'd unit.  This is important not only in procurement costs but in terms of future autopilot maintenance cost. 

2 hours ago, Gunderbear said:

Browncbr is correct.  i still want one but the price is too high.  I am on the list at Brittian so I guess I will wait.

I don't blame you a bit, I have been on their waiting list for 3yrs now.  Maybe they took me off when I sent my unit in for refurbishment.  

i bought mine from a guy upgrading his to a digital auto pilot that would fly an approach.  I still ended up sending in two wing levelers before I got one worth repairing.  I probably didn't save any money but I did get the equipment.

i thought 5k sounded high, but you brought it up.  But at much less I'd just as soon keep it as I would hate to have to wait years to find another one.  I'm also hopeing for the part 23 re-write, but who knows when and what that will end up actually doing.

good luck, I found mine locally.  You just have to keep looking.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, outermarker said:

I have the same system and neither the wing leveler or auto pilot work well....sure wish I knew how to trouble shoot the system. Are there any manuals out there for sale?

If neither are working well, I'll bet you've got a leak somewhere in your vacuum system. Start with the rubber boots on your wing cans. Had to send mine in when we first bought the plane. Brittain was easy to work with and prices were very reasonable....or they were 6 years ago.

On 4/29/2016 at 10:40 PM, 1524J said:

If neither are working well, I'll bet you've got a leak somewhere in your vacuum system. Start with the rubber boots on your wing cans. Had to send mine in when we first bought the plane. Brittain was easy to work with and prices were very reasonable....or they were 6 years ago.

Call them.  They are great to work with.  Walked me through removing all the servos and they rebuilt them.  Total cost was a few hundred plus a couple weekends.  They PC works and is very helpful in IFR