Air Duct needed for Bravo

rocketman

I just received my factory rebuilt TI-540-AF1B for my 1993 Bravo. After taking the old engine off my mechanic discovered that there are two air ducts that needed to be replaced that goes from the front of the cowling to the intercooler. The part numbers are 880102-001 and 650256-001. Anyone know who might be parting out a Bravo?

I replaced both of the same ducts on my Bravo, they are  expensive!  The intercooler duct alone is $441.90 !! The other is about half of that or a little more . There ought to be a law !!! Mooney has them , got them through Lake Aero styling  in Clear lake Ca. PH 707-263-0412 asks for Dave in parts. Be prepared to wait though and you might have a bug them several times . Good luck!  Hey it's only money though we got to go fast right !!!!

don't have pictures since the engine is being replaced in another area of the country but will get my mechanic to send me a picture. It is not routinely replaced on engine exchange. Mooney says this will take up to 2 months to make from their distributors. Anyone know who makes these parts? My plane is AOG and I can't believe it would take this long

Is it ordinary dimensions like a 2" round tube?

Owner supplied parts could be a possible route while you wait for the real ones...(?)

Automotive TC hoses come to mind.  Silicone for high temp and fiber reinforced for pressure.

To be clear, I am not making or even capable of making a recommendation here.  

Trying to bring up ideas that can be brought to your mechanic.

Best regards,

-a-

I thought I had a pic but nada. Picture the orange flex air duct material (silicone feeling) except this is rectangle in size...something like 6"x10" and accordion so it can collapse and expand a little. 

I would get similar material and use silicone sealant to make patches on any holes at least to not be AOG. 

On November 30, 2015 at 2:36:04 PM, rocketman said:

The part numbers are 880102-001 and 650256-001. 

In the parts catalog I can't find 880102-001, but 650256-001 is part number 26 on the attached pdf, so normal scat won't do it for this part. Maybe it could be repaired.

DUCT M20M .pdf

duct page 1.pdf

duct page 2.pdf

duct page 3.pdf

Definitely check out the specs on the original one and see if you can get some common SCAT to replace it.  Sometimes the easy stuff will have a Mooney P/N, and if you can find the drawing it will be a simple SCAT tube with a dimension.

DISCLAIMER:  I have no direct knowledge of the Bravo configuration

• 2 weeks later...

Still dealing with these parts. Nobody seems to have them anywhere. No simple fix. The scat or scet or whatever the material is has a rectangular form in the middle to fit in the cowling. My mechanic can fix it but buying a used replacement seems easier. Does anyone know of any Bravo being parted out?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...