E Model Panel Mods

I just got back some pictures from my bird. I had Scotty at Precision Avionics in Griffin Ga. to do this for me. Since last pictures I added the EDM 900 and the PS8000BT audio unit as well as the I pad Doc for my Mini I use with FLY Q. I like it, I have waited 2 years to see this come together and I cant wait to pick it up now.

Chris Ford

co pilot side panel.jpg

pilot side panel.jpg

• Like 4

Chris,

we're going to need another photo...  One with charts, airport data, frequencies, traffic and weather on the mini.

And another photo...  The latest in in-flight entertainment!  :)

We used to bring a portable VHS player for the kids...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

I just got back some pictures from my bird. I had Scotty at Precision Avionics in Griffin Ga. to do this for me. Since last pictures I added the EDM 900 and the PS8000BT audio unit as well as the I pad Doc for my Mini I use with FLY Q. I like it, I have waited 2 years to see this come together and I cant wait to pick it up now.

Chris Ford

5695362035ea0_copilotsidepanel.thumb.jpg.b1dff1abf0377675753d33edb4b6f0aa.jpg

56953638742d5_pilotsidepanel.thumb.jpg.d0d50f41c573eaa3294ace38cf4eda99.jpg

Chris -- who makes the iPad mount?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I upgraded my 65 C last year with a Aspen and an S-TEC 55x. The 430 I had was also upgraded to a 430W. Additionally, we added the Avionic Straubing Altitude Capture unit, which is coupled with the Aspen altitude alerter to automatically engage ALT HOLD when a new altitude is reached.

Newpanel2.jpg

with this combination of eqipment, the aircraft is now certified for LPV approaches fully coupled with the AP. It also has a flight director from the S-TEC 55X, something I absolutely wanted. The Trig TT31 Transponder will do full ADSB-Out for European requirements together with the 430W.

Personally I am very happy with this solution. What is on the "To Do" list, is an engine analyzer as well as a carburettor temp indicator.

Re the question whether there is a pitch channel upgrade for existing single channel AP's like the PC driven Accu Flite and Accu Track, yes, there is. It's called the S-TEC 60 PSS System, http://genesys-aerosystems.com/products/system-30alt60pss-autopilot will show both variants. The 30 is a pure alt hold system, the 60 PSS is a full pitch channel with VS, GS and Alt hold. Both work with the Avionic Straubing Alt capture system for the Aspen.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/25/2015 at 7:50 PM, Bob_Belville said:

'66E.

N943RW 20140519 9500 ROP 70 percent ROP 158k .jpg

panel 943RW -20130807.jpg

Bob, who did this extreme makeover?  I'm curious about the panel itself.  They removed the brass looking piece at the bottom and made it one continuous panel, or is the brass hiding underneath?

1 minute ago, Pictreed said:

Bob, who did this extreme makeover?  I'm curious about the panel itself.  They removed the brass looking piece at the bottom and made it one continuous panel, or is the brass hiding underneath?

Twin Lakes Avionics, 8A7, Mocksville NC. 

There were some mods to the panel support but I don't think the bottom was involved. What you're calling brass colored is probably the primed structural horizontal tube that's part of the cage and which I'm sure cannot be cut. Perhaps these pics will help. (The panel had previously been modified with a SW Texas STC panel.) 

100_2707.JPG

943RW new panel 2012-Dec 3 - 2 months into upgrade.jpg

2012-12-03_14-07-33_393.jpg

Bob, all of the switches at the bottom, the throttle, mixture, and prop knobs are all usually mounted on a brass looking strip at the bottom.  It looks like they removed it and mounted everything in the same instrument panel.

Thanks, Tim

12 minutes ago, Bob_Belville said:

Twin Lakes Avionics, 8A7, Mocksville NC. 

There were some mods to the panel support but I don't think the bottom was involved. What you're calling brass colored is probably the primed structural horizontal tube that's part of the cage and which I'm sure cannot be cut. Perhaps these pics will help. (The panel had previously been modified with a SW Texas STC panel.) 

Why do some guys choose the JPI 930 over the 900?  I do like that the displays are full readouts for each device but is it that important?

12 hours ago, Pictreed said:

Why do some guys choose the JPI 930 over the 900?  I do like that the displays are full readouts for each device but is it that important?

We did in one of the family airplanes. Honestly, for me it's just a little 'nicer' looking, and seems slightly easier to read. When we chose to do it, my dad (who was paying for it) liked the mounting better. He thinks it seemed less amateurish.

• Like 1