2000 M20S

Flymu2

10 hours ago, Hank said:

,And then a pilot so you can sit in the back with her . . .

And then Sofia says: "Look honey Jet Blue offers round trip anywhere in the US for $150"

And you: "But look Sofia at all those TSA lines and disgruntled passengers that delay the flight.

And Sofia: "But look at all those younger than you pilots in their sparkling uniforms"

And you: "Sofia you are safer with an experienced old pilot"

And Sofia: "One that takes 7 pills daily and has sciatica, no way José"

A Mooney pilot reality

José

Edited by Piloto
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, Piloto said:

And you: "But look Sofia at all those TSA lines and disgruntled passengers that delay the flight.

I especially liked that line. I have a friend who says she won't fly because of the security lines, and she is not alone. Why would anybody in their right mind not take a nice trip because of the inconvenience of a 10 or 20 minute line. I'll take it even further - one hour. Are there really people out there that won't take a two week vacation (336 hours) because of a one hour line? That's like saying they won't do any Christmas shopping because the lines are too long, and you know that ain't true.

5 minutes ago, flyboy0681 said:

I especially liked that line. I have a friend who says she won't fly because of the security lines, and she is not alone. Why would anybody in their right mind not take a nice trip because of the inconvenience of a 10 or 20 minute line. I'll take it even further - one hour. Are there really people out there that won't take a two week vacation (336 hours) because of a one hour line? That's like saying they won't do any Christmas shopping because the lines are too long, and you know that ain't true.

You should try Disney, they have the real lines. At least 1 hour in line for a 3 minute ride. Last time I told my grand niece: "the best ride is the ride home"

Tio José

• Like 2

Just now, Piloto said:

You should try Disney, they have the real lines. At least 1 hour in line for a 3 minute ride. Last time I told my grand niece: "the best ride is the ride home"

Tio José

Outstanding example. Now how many people won't go to Orlando because they hate to have to wait on a 15 minute TSA line?

On 7/22/2016 at 9:33 AM, flyboy0681 said:

It's not the 20 minute line.  It's the 5 minute to 1.5 hour line that makes you get to the airport early.  It's the rules about the things you can't take that are made up the day you are in line. It's about the airlines monetizing everything.  --pretty soon, they will charge $25 more for other than middle seats.  I avoid flying commercial when ever I can.  Most places, under 1000 miles, the Mooney can get me there just as fast and on my schedule.    --That said, my next trip is Dallas Tx to Madrid Spain.  I'm  more than happy to fly commercial.

P.S.   I'd love to pick up this Eagle.  I just need a super sale!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On July 23, 2016 at 9:23 PM, chrisk said:

It's not the 20 minute line.  It's the 5 minute to 1.5 hour line that makes you get to the airport early.  It's the rules about the things you can't take that are made up the day you are in line. It's about the airlines monetizing everything.  --pretty soon, they will charge $25 more for other than middle seats.  I avoid flying commercial when ever I can.  Most places, under 1000 miles, the Mooney can get me there just as fast and on my schedule.    --That said, my next trip is Dallas Tx to Madrid Spain.  I'm  more than happy to fly commercial.

P.S.   I'd love to pick up this Eagle.  I just need a super sale!

155,00 is a super sale. This is a nice plane

• 4 weeks later...
On July 22, 2016 at 6:51 AM, Piloto said:

And then Sofia says: "Look honey Jet Blue offers round trip anywhere in the US for $150"

And Sofia: "But look at all those younger than you pilots in their sparkling uniforms"

And you: "Sofia you are safer with an experienced old pilot"

And Sofia: "One that takes 7 pills daily and has sciatica, no way José"

A Mooney pilot reality

José

One of the funniest Mooney pilot/wife,GF conversations I have ever read!....my 2 cents..before you sell the Eagle,wait 6 months and you will see how much the new GF begins to resemble the EX

SR22.

I like the Mooney better, mainly for the efficiency. The SR22 is more comfortable, has the G1000, and of course the parachute (which is what sold my girlfriend). But, I'm a bang for the buck kind of guy (like most Mooney owners), and there's nothing better in this category of plane for that than the Mooney. Oh well, life is a series of compromises.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Flymu2 said:

SR22.

I like the Mooney better, mainly for the efficiency. The SR22 is more comfortable, has the G1000, and of course the parachute (which is what sold my girlfriend). But, I'm a bang for the buck kind of guy (like most Mooney owners), and there's nothing better in this category of plane for that than the Mooney. Oh well, life is a series of compromises.

Lemme see, you have 2 planes and a girlfriend.  Not seeing where you're having to compromise.  :P

• Like 2

On November 22, 2015 at 3:49 PM, Flymu2 said:

1670TT, 2200 SFRM, 270 SPOH

GNS 530W, GNS 430 (non-W), GTX 327, STEC 30, PMA7000, WX 1000, Insight G3 with FF tied to 530 and 430

Speed brakes, new paint, new headliner, Bruce's cover including wings and tail

Recent maintenance - new gear donuts, tank reseal by Weep No More

pictures and logs at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u1btm86p4ds75su/AABmh2IHqD9ysQN1ZweaMuTKa?dl=0

$150,000

Please contact me by email only - ezrun26 at gmail. If you want to speak with me, leave your number and I'll call you.

Why is the engine time so much higher? 

-Matt

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 10:02 AM, Flymu2 said:

SR22.

OMG! you bought a Cirrus because of your GF? Dude, I question your, ahhh, Aeronautical Decision Making :)

• Like 1