2000 M20S

Flymu2

1670TT, 220 SFRM, 270 SPOH

GNS 530W, GNS 430 (non-W), GTX 327, STEC 30, PMA7000, WX 1000, Insight G3 with FF tied to 530 and 430

Speed brakes, new paint, new headliner, Bruce's cover including wings and tail

Recent maintenance - new gear donuts, tank reseal by Weep No More

pictures and logs at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u1btm86p4ds75su/AABmh2IHqD9ysQN1ZweaMuTKa?dl=0

$150,000

Please contact me by email only - ezrun26 at gmail. If you want to speak with me, leave your number and I'll call you.

Edited by Flymu2
price change

• 3 months later...

I owned an MU2 for about 5 years. That was a kick in the pants. My mission changed (I got divorced) so I sold it. I bought the Mooney thinking it would be the last plane I would own. Now I have a serious girlfriend who says it has to have a chute or a second engine or she won't ride in it. So, I'm looking at Cirri and Barons. I owned a Baron before the MU2 and really enjoyed it. I've ridden in a Cirrus. It's nice too. Hard to decide. The costs will be about the same. The Baron will have increased fuel and maintenance, and the Cirrus will depreciate at a rate that will be about the same as the increased ops expenses over the Mooney. Too many choices :-)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flymu2 said:

I owned an MU2 for about 5 years. That was a kick in the pants. My mission changed (I got divorced) so I sold it. I bought the Mooney thinking it would be the last plane I would own. Now I have a serious girlfriend who says it has to have a chute or a second engine or she won't ride in it. So, I'm looking at Cirri and Barons. I owned a Baron before the MU2 and really enjoyed it. I've ridden in a Cirrus. It's nice too. Hard to decide. The costs will be about the same. The Baron will have increased fuel and maintenance, and the Cirrus will depreciate at a rate that will be about the same as the increased ops expenses over the Mooney. Too many choices :-)

So she has ruled out a TBM....too bad!

8 hours ago, carusoam said:

Aero Commander.... (Twin Mooney).....

Inserting ideas into the unconscious thought process...

Best regards,

-a-

Mooney assembled and painted MU2's in the late sixties too.

This is the second Mooney owner in a week that said sell the Mooney and get a Cirrus. My advice to him, get another girlfriend !

I'm not a fan of Aerostars, hate the entry and the cabin feels tight.

8 hours ago, carusoam said:

Aero Commander.... (Twin Mooney).....

I have a cousin that owns one, and I have some time in Commanders. Nice planes, but even more expensive to run than Barons and not as fast. Not easy to find someone that knows how to work on them.

When I 1st started flying my wife told me it would be a cold day in hell before she went.  After I got my license I started going flying by myself one or two afternoons a week.  Apparently things got a little frosty down there, because after about 3 months one day she ask if she could go also.

Another guy at our airport had a wife who would not go so he started inviting her better looking friends.  It wasn't long before the wife decided she would go also.

This also comes to mind.

http://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0LEVyv0aOtWxGgAWwrBGOd_;_ylu=X3oDMTEya2E1YmQwBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDQjEzNzRfMQRzZWMDc3I-/RV=2/RE=1458297204/RO=10/RU=http%3a%2f%2fwww.youtube.com%2fwatch%3fv%3dNgFhJN4H0T0/RK=0/RS=oAxOpUI8AqHjQk7zjQ_1T7OF04o-

• Like 7

My wife encouraged me to buy an airplane. B)  I was debating that or a truck . . . She thought she would get more use from the plane (i.e., I would fly her around). She didn't even see it until after I handed the check over. She asked something about it, he looked surprised and asked if she'd seen it. So we went out to the hangar for the introduction, now she's a veteran right seater, looking for traffic when clear and sleeping in IMC (and sometimes in VMC, too). 

Now I have a plane AND a truck . . . .  :D   and they are both Rangers.

Edited by Hank
  • Like 6

On 3/17/2016 at 4:11 PM, Bob_Belville said:

Keep the plane, swap the girlfriend. There are a lot more of the latter than the former. You might keep both if you call her bluff.

You're welcome.

You'll note that several of us older, wiser types are trying to do an intervention here... shape up, be a man, get your priorities straight... you can do it, it will be okay. :rolleyes: 

• Like 1

Go for the TBM!

My next door neighbor got this about a month ago.....the only reason you'll ever look back is to see all the traffic you passed.  :lol:

It is an impressive Mooney.  (Yes, he's operating it off our turf strip.)

TBM.jpg

Edited by Mooneymite
  • Like 5

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 11:08 AM, Flymu2 said:

After you get that twin she is going to ask for a lavatory and air conditioning. And then a copilot.

José

• Like 1