Donation Drive 2015

mooniac58

On 8/5/2017 at 10:24 AM, mooniac58 said:

All set!  Sorry but it can take up to a day after donating to get upgraded.  I have a manual system right now for this.  Thank you for the support!

It's been a few years since I sold my last forum, but vbulletin did that all automatically in the user groups settings :)

2 hours ago, peevee said:

It's been a few years since I sold my last forum, but vbulletin did that all automatically in the user groups settings :)

Not with IPBoard - it is a $150 per year add-on called Nexus for all commerce features, including membership management.  It would also allow us to sell products like t-shirts, etc.

I will likely add this on at some point and set a standard membership fee of $25 per year instead of our current variable donation system.

• 5 months later...

Have you ever considered getting some sponsors for the site?  Mooney International should be an easy get as well as Aircraft Spruce, MAPA and other Mooney related vendors.

A little bit from a few should help immensely.  Just a thought.  This site is too valuable to all of us to see slip away.

1 hour ago, MrRodgers said:

Have you ever considered getting some sponsors for the site?  Mooney International should be an easy get as well as Aircraft Spruce, MAPA and other Mooney related vendors.

A little bit from a few should help immensely.  Just a thought.  This site is too valuable to all of us to see slip away.

Thanks Craig!!! Just pinged the account today!

Hi Mike!!

Mike, saw your airplane in front of the terminal the other day I believe at SMO I’ll try and swing by one day!! 

Cheers!

-Matt

12 minutes ago, MB65E said:

Thanks Craig!!! Just pinged the account today!

Hi Mike!!

Mike, saw your airplane in front of the terminal the other day I believe at SMO I’ll try and swing by one day!! 

Cheers!

-Matt

Yes, that was me. That would be great. Are you coming to the Mooney fly in next weekend at KPRB?

Just got a few donations and I wanted to say thanks to everyone.  Even though I no longer own a Mooney for "mission" reasons (and no airplane because I cannot afford it right now) I have a deep love for these aircraft and this community. I really hope we can all do better to respect each other and keep matters out of here that do not relate to the safe operation and maintenance of the aircraft.

This is a really old topic that could probably use a re-birth but anyone that wants to support the site and remove ads from their browsing experience (sorry, you will still see ads on Tapatalk, out of our control!) - please donate via the button at the bottom of the page at least $10 to support the efforts here.

Wishing you all tailwinds and a pleasant year :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrRodgers said:

You are totally correct here.  I plan on getting some advertisers/sponsors at some point. We kind of do this now with some companies I allow to post sponsored posts in the "for sale" forums for a monthly rate.  Honestly, I currently own 3 companies that occupy almost all of my time and while I love Mooneyspace it is more or less a hobby for me...if I can cover software and hosting costs with a little extra scratch for my time I am happy to keep it alive for the sake of this magnificent airplane I had the honor of owning for 7+ years.

I have no idea what it costs to run/maintain Mooneyspace, but my guess would be that if even half of us donated $10 per year, you wouldn't have any problems. Come on guys, we all benefit a lot more than that from having MS.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Renewed, can't believe it's been a year since I donated. Minimum is $10, average is $25, sent just a tiny more than the average (See if we can't up the average number). 

I love this forum, definitely worth the price of a few gallons of Avgas. 

Got a lot to be thankful for, even at 33,000' in an aluminum tube headed to Hong Kong so I can scramble to catch a flight to Bangkok.

Got my Mooney.  Getting a 480 and a G5 in about a month or so.  Get to do (some) flying - although not enough for me.

Got Mooneyspace. 

Thanks Craig.  Donation for 2018 just sent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...