Compass Errors

Hedge

2 minutes ago, Deb said:

Use Schrödinger's cat just to be sure!

That's an OUTSTANDING idea, except Schrodinger died in 1961 and I'm guessing his cat is not only "dead", but is likely "dead" as well.

But I do appreciate your sense of humor.

5 minutes ago, Bob_Belville said:

Every now and then I read a thread and wonder why I started. This is one of those. I should have known better, I did not need to read about compasses. I'm pretty sure I still have one on the center post... I may have accidentally looked at it in 2012.

I use my compass all the time , that's where I hang my GPS.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2015, 8:02:52, Bob_Belville said:

Every now and then I read a thread and wonder why I started. This is one of those. I should have known better, I did not need to read about compasses. I'm pretty sure I still have one on the center post... I may have accidentally looked at it in 2012.

Last time I looked at my compass was when it leaked fluid onto my pant leg.   Spruce sold me a rebuild kit, and now that it doesn't leak I again ignore it. The magnetic compass is accurate enough to tell that the sun generally sets in a Westerly direction, at least in these latitudes.   

• Like 2

Well I confirmed today that I do have a compass. I've been waiting for an opportunity to paint the center post. We're doing new windows so while the w'shield out I got it done. Had to remove the whiskey compass so I touched it up as well. Looks nice. Guess I ought to get it some fuzzy dice.

• Like 1