Waaaaay cool

Awful_Charlie

What would Captain Sully think about that flock of geese?

First thoughts through my mind...

Second thoughts...  Similar risk to riding a motorcycle on the NJ turnpike with 18 wheelers all around.

Third thoughts... They are already wearing a high risk device.  How much higher can the risk get?

Best regards,

-a-

On November 5, 2015 at 7:08:07 PM, DXB said:

Am I a jerk for wanting to see what happens when one of those dudes gets caught in the wing tip vortex of a low slow A380?    ... actually don't answer that.

You're not alone. I thought the same, it would make for an exiting ride!

Clarence

I'd wager this was not "flying in formation" as suggested, but a quick intersection of flight paths. Just enough to get some shots from several different angles. Did you notice how the A380 has it's flaps out?  The Jetpacks are head down and likely at best forward speed while the A380 is in slow flight.

But regardless, they did get some nice looking pictures.

I think it was freakin' cool, no matter the risk.  I'm waiting until the next stunt when they actually land on the wing and do a wing-walker routine, then take off again. That would be pretty much like the Bill Shatner Twilight Zone episode come to life.

And is it just me, or does Dublai look a lot like the Emerald City of Oz with that needle-like skyscraper jutting out of the desert.  It is a visual feast, to be sure.

What follows is a video of captivating footage with Legacy and Super Hornets out on cruise, running low level training missions, shooting missiles, dropping bombs, and perpetuating absolutely everything cool about being a fighter pilot. 

Well guys, it’s time to buckle up and hang on to your hats, because this one is a beauty! 

The Royal Australian Air Force produced their own version of the famed Hornet Ball video, as they too fly the Boeing F/A-18F Super Hornet and F/A-18C (Legacy) Hornet. Ask any USN or USAF fighter pilot who has had the privilege of flying with the RAAF – these folks are pros and extremely good at their craft. 

Watch as these Aussies bring the noise from down under! Enjoy! 

http://fightersweep.com/993/video-australian-hornet-ball/

My kinda cool....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2015, 7:08:07, DXB said:

Am I a jerk for wanting to see what happens when one of those dudes gets caught in the wing tip vortex of a low slow A380?    ... actually don't answer that.

I kept on alternatively thinking of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04TqHE_PDTU

And this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGu0B6kL9eM