Announcement Soon!

Mcstealth

7 hours ago, Mcstealth said:

More fuel for the fire. 

Tonight in the restaurant were 10 Mooney shirts. I bereated them about how long it was taking for the press release and they said "what press release" with a smile. Now why are 10 Mooney guys in my restaurant, on a Tuesday night? I didn't get into it with them, or try to press for information, but I take it as a good sign.

more fuel for the fire.

df

You didn't bug the table to listen in on the conversations?  Here is a nice flower arrangement for your table please speak loudly into the daisy.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

On November 5, 2015 at 8:50:32 AM, Seth said:

You know, not to go too much into thread creep, but within the first 10 flight hours of owning both my aircraft I did have failures that needed work, and this was after a prebuy.

The oil temp indicator failed on my 1967 F model at about 8 hours of flight time.  I had it sent out to be overhauled and reinstalled.

The brand new vacuum pump on my Missile was leaking oil as a gasket had a very small bubble imperfection.  That was repaired (gasket replaces) under warranty.  

However, that is two planes and both with a repair in less than 10 hours.  We always say put aside 10% of purchase prince for work/upgrades year 1.  I'm curious how many owners have had a repair issues within 10 flight hours of owning their birds.   I'd still like to see a 25 or 50 hour warranty, but maybe  the amount of time selected, 10 hours, does cover the first issue.

-Seth

I had a broken kx170b, vor head, and compass within the first ten hours.  Then the tanks started leaking faster.  The next issue want until over 100 hours when the vacuum pump failed.

Tip tanks? Skis? Something another 1000 lbs heavier that still uses the same landing gear? Tail gunner's position? Cotra rotating propellers? Free no back clutch springs for everyone? GAMI Prism released to Mooney owners first so we can burn auto gas?  Surely by now we've hit on whatever it is.

I know!!!!  This is it - they decided to add a small forward Canard to the Mooney Acclaim, and tough fixed landing gear to make a back country machine called the Mooney Acclaim Katmai M20TNK

http://www.katmai-kenai.com/

http://www.planeandpilotmag.com/aircraft/pilot-reports/petersons-performance-plus/king-me.html?tmpl=component&print=1#.VkzSjN-rSC4

(Actually this isnt as silly as it sounds maybe - forget the joke about fixed gear - but the forward canard setup supposedly allows for much slower stall speed and generally this 182 cruises faster than a regular 182 and stalls slower.  So what is to prevent Mooney from adding a forward canard to slow stall speed, and then significantly shortening/clipping the wings - which raises stall speed and do so to the point that stall speed is roughly what it is now, but then would there be less wetted air surface and therefore shorter wings make for faster cruise speed?  I'll take one - dang - as I type this I wish I had an experimental - I almost want to try it out).

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2015‎ ‎6‎:‎01‎:‎54‎, LANCECASPER said:

Because you plastered it all over Mooneyspace . . lol  : )

Posted 45 minutes ago · Report post

emoji42.pngemoji99.pngemoji99.pngemoji99.pngemoji99.pngemoji99.pngemoji99.pngemoji99.pngemoji99.png

Okay.  Here is another tidbit that I was able obtain. " there are several on the production line" That was four hours ago.

DF

• Like 1

8 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

I know!!!!  This is it - they decided to add a small forward Canard to the Mooney Acclaim, and tough fixed landing gear to make a back country machine called the Mooney Acclaim Katmai M20TNK

http://www.katmai-kenai.com/

http://www.planeandpilotmag.com/aircraft/pilot-reports/petersons-performance-plus/king-me.html?tmpl=component&print=1#.VkzSjN-rSC4

(Actually this isnt as silly as it sounds maybe - forget the joke about fixed gear - but the forward canard setup supposedly allows for much slower stall speed and generally this 182 cruises faster than a regular 182 and stalls slower.  So what is to prevent Mooney from adding a forward canard to slow stall speed, and then significantly shortening/clipping the wings - which raises stall speed and do so to the point that stall speed is roughly what it is now, but then would there be less wetted air surface and therefore shorter wings make for faster cruise speed?  I'll take one - dang - as I type this I wish I had an experimental - I almost want to try it out).

Erik, there's nothing to stop you from building a composite copy of your Mooney,Maithili canards and clipped wings. Drop in a rebuilt 409 and another composite 4-blade prop. Let us know how wickedly fast it performs.  :D

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gsengle said:

Yeah - Co50 for me in 15 years when the price of a used one decreases to the point that my rising incomes meets it.

260kts?  That would be impressive.  Actually, given that you can get 242kts out of a M20TN, I think 260 is plausible out of that thing with slick and stubby wings and smooth and shaped like a bullet.

Soooo...this is the "what's mooney going to announce thread" - how about a partnership to Co50 to turn the tail(s) around and to call it the M25.

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2015‎ ‎6‎:‎01‎:‎54‎, LANCECASPER said: Because you plastered it all over Mooneyspace . . lol  : )

Posted 45 minutes ago · Report post

Okay.  Here is another tidbit that I was able obtain. " there are several on the production line" That was four hours ago.

DF

So you telling us that Mooney has turned into the Skunk Works and that Jerry Chen is Kelly Johnson?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

16 hours ago, gsengle said:

What is "Oxygenized, not pressurized"? Whatever it is, it doesn't sound good.