Announcement Soon!

Mcstealth

17 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

If I were filthy rich (I shoulda played the powerball), then I wouldn't blink to buy the M20TP over the M20TN for reliability reasons alone.  Aren't turbo props something 100 times less likely to go belly up for cratering a hole than a piston?  (but just as likely to stop for fuel starvation whether that be pilot error or fuel pump issues).

I thought it was 1000 times more reliable.

-Seth

• 2 weeks later...

If real, that is so cool.  It's quite an underwhelming way to announce such a huge change.  No mention on Mooney website or even Delta Aviation web site.  Wonder if that post will mysteriously disappear....  This was an Oshkosh worthy announcement!  

18 minutes ago, Mcstealth said:

I hope there is a gross weight increase hidden in the details.

Won't the carbon fiber weigh less than the aluminum-covered aluminum structures it replaces? So Useful Load can increase while Gross stays the same. Unless the door and interior added weight. How much weight would a second door add? Gotta be some, unless the carbon fuse doesn't have the famous, safe steel roll cage inside it . . .

26 minutes ago, carusoam said:

TSIO-550-G with 280hp and 2200 hrs TBO.

Question: why Not TSIO-550-N updated cylinders compared to the G, with 310hp?

Best regards,

-a-

Lower power, higher TBO. But how are they claiming the same speed? Composites?

I really like it, but would need a lottery winning to afford it.  They mention that the doors are widened 4", but I think they mean they were elongated vs. a wider fuselage?  Perhaps for better rear seat entry?  In the in flight photos, the top of the doors don't seem flush.  Is that just the photo or intentional?  

9 hours ago, FlyDave said:

I think is was KSMooniac that said "holes aren't free" or something to that effect. I'll bet the weight savings of the carbon fuselage was offset by the added door.

"Holes are heavy". But given the huge change in build material to a one piece carbon structure, I don't think one can say for sure that there will be weight gain.