Announcement Soon!

Mcstealth

Weird, but highly entertaining just the same. A comedy of errors indeed. I believe we all want to see success for both Mooney and Kerrville's restaurant proprietors. Let's hope it all gets worked out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just a couple of observations:

There are other CXX titles than just CEO in most companies. To pin that title on conjecture is stretching it.

The Mooney world and Kerrville are both very small worlds. The restaurant business in Kerrville is even more so.

Could be they felt safe in the restaurant and then felt exposed, they're doing or not, as I have no information who said what. 

I could also find issues with contacts as described by any CXX of any company. Having met the top of the Mooney pyramid (whom I hold in high regard), I am dismayed at this turn of events. 

Having in decades past worked where "Dark Programs" were numerous, we had stiff legal issues if we discussed same anywhere but in secure areas. In the civilian world of aviation none such exist so mistakes can be made. 

I also think of the competitive nature of the civil aviation world and I can only begin to envision the pressure placed on those at the top of each company whereby even one decision can mean the complete make or break of the company (much like Boeing betting everything on the outcome of the 747. If it failed we wouldn't have Boeing today). 

Could be that a softer approach containing an initial apology about a "misunderstanding" brought through a phone call to the Secretary of the individual involved might get a similar response in return and lead to an amicable settling of the issue.   Most people in responsible positions are ultimately reasonable to deal with (even if they have had a bad day). In the end, such a settling of the issue may bring about their feeling, once again, to feel safe a secure in their choice of restaurant. 

Regardless, I'll probably be going through Kerrville in January and I'll stop and eat at the restaurant. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, jrwilson said:
13 hours ago, jrwilson said:

The restaurant world in kerrville is probably pretty small too. If a group of business men from local companies can't have a conversation without being pestered for information from a fanboy, who then blabs said information on a widely read industry board, then I suspect that fanboy's family's business will see much fewer business customers.

Family owned restaurants like to talk about treating customers as "family." Well, the OP made a douche move in how he handled information he learned from a paying customer.

Was Mooney's letter petty and unnecessary? Maybe, we haven't seen it, but I can see their frustration,

Mooney and the OPs restaurant have an ongoing relationship, even a perceived trust, they order catering to the factory, etc. then he pulls this nonsense? I call BS on it.

It's Texas, Mooney employees can find other steak joints to eat at...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The restaurant world in kerrville is probably pretty small too. If a group of business men from local companies can't have a conversation without being pestered for information from a fanboy, who then blabs said information on a widely read industry board, then I suspect that fanboy's family's business will see much fewer business customers.

Family owned restaurants like to talk about treating customers as "family." Well, the OP made a douche move in how he handled information he learned from a paying customer.

Was Mooney's letter petty and unnecessary? Maybe, we haven't seen it, but I can see their frustration,

Mooney and the OPs restaurant have an ongoing relationship, even a perceived trust, they order catering to the factory, etc. then he pulls this nonsense? I call BS on it.

It's Texas, Mooney employees can find other steak joints to eat at...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You don't have your facts in line. Read the very first post of this thread.

I have "known" of something in the works for months. I didn't know what at that time. Over the course of several months I put it together, with lots a luck on the way. 

I didn't ask the Mooney shirts anything about the plane at the restaurant, period. I just asked them when the release was finally going to happen. I am speculating that the California guys probably were a little miffed that some shmuck in Kerrville knew of a project they are developing. I think maybe the guys here in Kerrville got an earful, hence the letter/phone call action. Purely conjecture on my part.

I am not disagreeing with you by the way. I'm not looking for comforting words nor fame. Just asking for some thoughts from a public board.

timmy would envoke the 1st amendment . 

freedom of speech . 

some company would have a hard time stopping me for saying anything i want.

especially if it were true. 

we need little timmy now! 

• 1 month later...

Just took this from the G1000 S-Tec update threat and put two and two togther:

"We received this update from Tom Bowen (COO of Mooney) on the STEC non-WAAS G1000 project:

I wish I had better news other than the last half of 2015 was spent chasing our tails and the FAA on a large certification project. This precluded finishing our test platform and launching on the STEC55/VNAV/Garmin interface program that I promised you by 4th quarter.

The good news is by April the current project should be done and as it winds down I should get a dedicated crew on putting GJ back in the air. Garmin and Mooney still stand firmly behind getting it done but I overestimated our ability to get the current project done and the cooperation of the “New FAA”."

What excites me, is the line I bolded above.  That they were chasing their tails on a large certification project.  

No Acclaim advertising in print, only Ovation in the past few magazines.  

What is the new Acclaim type "amazing" going to be?  Acclaim Plus?  Looking forward to Sun and Fun when I expect the announcement to go public and they'll have the fastest newest aircraft on display with at least one additional feature from our wish list (just a gut feeling).

-Seth   

Edited by Seth

This whole thread reflects poorly on the author.  The author purports to be  "A Mooney Guy", but then teases about a "Big Release" on a public forum for the brand...essentially calling attention to something they, Mooney, obviously wish to keep quiet until such time as THEY Choose to make a public announcement.

This is like the guy that cried about getting ripped off, giving vague one-sided tale...That may or may not be true and accurate.  Why do this?  What are you gaining?  Do whatever the ^%$# you want.  F-ing expose what you think/know or shut up already.  If you do give a damn about Mooney....shutting the F-up and letting them release on their timeline as obviously what they wish to do.

Regardless, don't cry to me/us with a cloak and dagger tale that may or may not be B.S...

Everybody should also shut the F up about Little Timmy.  What the F does a political thread have to do with this?  Nothing.

Let the little bastard and his thread remain D.E.A.D.

17 hours ago, MyNameIsNobody said:

This whole thread reflects poorly on the author.  The author purports to be  "A Mooney Guy", but then teases about a "Big Release" on a public forum for the brand...essentially calling attention to something they, Mooney, obviously wish to keep quiet until such time as THEY Choose to make a public announcement.

This is like the guy that cried about getting ripped off, giving vague one-sided tale...That may or may not be true and accurate.  Why do this?  What are you gaining?  Do whatever the ^%$# you want.  F-ing expose what you think/know or shut up already.  If you do give a damn about Mooney....shutting the F-up and letting them release on their timeline as obviously what they wish to do.

Regardless, don't cry to me/us with a cloak and dagger tale that may or may not be B.S...

Everybody should also shut the F up about Little Timmy.  What the F does a political thread have to do with this?  Nothing.

Let the little bastard and his thread remain D.E.A.D.

While in general, I agree with the overall point of this post, it seems like you have some anger/stability issues...Might I recommend Thorazine?  It might do wonders for you, and with third class medical reform coming, you might still be able to fly!  A win/win situation!  That is assuming you have a medical now, as you don't post any information about what you fly...

10 minutes ago, FlyDave said:

Since Mooney likes to be "the first" and "the fastest" in aviation, I'm thinking a small turbine powered Mooney, but that is pure speculation.

That's my guess too.  Either they hang some small turbine on the M20/acclaim/ovation nose.  Or maybe they are making something new from scratch.

11 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

That's my guess too.  Either they hang some small turbine on the M20/acclaim/ovation nose.  Or maybe they are making something new from scratch.

Only problem is fuel burn.  @ 30 GPH, the fuel capacity in the M20R/TN won't last very long.  Mooney lists an optional 100 gallon capacity, but with reserves that doesn't give you much fuel, nor does it give you much useful load after you add fuel and a pilot.

Isn't the Acclaim still the fastest single engine piston aircraft?

6 minutes ago, smccray said:

Only problem is fuel burn.  @ 30 GPH, the fuel capacity in the M20R/TN won't last very long.  Mooney lists an optional 100 gallon capacity, but with reserves that doesn't give you much fuel, nor does it give you much useful load after you add fuel and a pilot.

Isn't the Acclaim still the fastest single engine piston aircraft?

http://www.planeandpilotmag.com/aircraft/pilot-reports/extra-aircraft/an-extra-for-the-high-road.html?start=1#.VqpD4lMrKZE

The Rolls Royce 250 used in the Extra 500 - and the silver eagle P210 conversion - supposedly gives great performance in the mid teens and at 21gph.

Or the vapor-ware Diamond DA50 turbine uses some less known less tested Czech turbine that "is 20% more efficient" so they say.

http://www.diamond-air.at/media-center/press-releases/news/article/maiden-flight-of-the-da50-jp7-with-turbine.html

Eh I could imagine it could be done - with 450hp on the nose, and beefier gear, maybe some welded gussets at major t-joints in the tubular structure, I see no reason the weight limit for a M20TP (turbo prop) couldn't be increased to allow for 3 adults and maybe 150-180 gallons.