Rant of the day

ryoder

What is that substance in a rifle cartridge? Do they call it "Rifle Powder"?

I know its not Gun powder it is a nitrocellulose compound called smokeless powder.

So, do you put your rifle in a rifle rack in the back window of your pick up?

Are the Liberal rifle grabbers always complaining about rifle violence?  

• Like 1

What is that substance in a rifle cartridge? Do they call it "Rifle Powder"?

I know its not Gun powder it is a nitrocellulose compound called smokeless powder.

So, do you put your rifle in a rifle rack in the back window of your pick up?

Are the Liberal rifle grabbers always complaining about rifle violence?  

You'd best ask the Master Gunnery Sergeant. I can probably find one for you . . .

Stop calling an airplane an aircraft.  It's like calling a truck a vehicle.  

Just to throw a little fuel on the fire, isn't airplane a subset of aircraft?  So all airplanes are aircraft but not all aircraft are airplanes.  So technically, even though airplane may be more precise, either term is correct.

Standing by for incoming...

• Like 1

When people spell lose as "loose".

OK, how about these:

to, too, two

there, their, they're

chose, choose

ensure, insure

hanger, hangar

As for me, I don't really care that much.  As long as I get the gist of what they are saying, I don't care.  The idea is to communicate effectively and a little spelling error usually doesn't have much effect (or is it affect?).

• Like 1

Just to throw a little fuel on the fire, isn't airplane a subset of aircraft?  So all airplanes are aircraft but not all aircraft are airplanes.  So technically, even though airplane may be more precise, either term is correct.

Standing by for incoming...

Yes you are right.  That's why I said it's like calling your truck your vehicle.  "Just throw the mulch in the back of the vehicle will ya?"  See how stupid thst sounds?

OK, how about these:

to, too, two

there, their, they're

chose, choose

ensure, insure

hanger, hangar

As for me, I don't really care that much.  As long as I get the gist of what they are saying, I don't care.  The idea is to communicate effectively and a little spelling error usually doesn't have much effect (or is it affect?).

affect and effect

It rubs me wrong when discussing prices, or worse yet, trying to sell something, it's written as "100$" instead of the correct "$100." Drives me right up the wall . . . .

Chris, it affects me a lot, and the effect is usually for me to not make the purchase. Unless it's a really low price. After all, I'm a proud CB.  :D

• Like 1

It rubs me wrong when discussing prices, or worse yet, trying to sell something, it's written as "100$" instead of the correct "$100." Drives me right up the wall . . . .

Chris, it affects me a lot, and the effect is usually for me to not make the purchase. Unless it's a really low price. After all, I'm a proud CB.  

With that I will sell it to you for $99.99. You can PayPal me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My rant about the MS upgrade--you can only use emojis from the short list on the menu bar above. The thirty pages of emojis in my iPad won't post (I get a message about illegal characters), and whatever you used above, Marauder, shows up as an empty box (but I'm guessing some sort of smiley face).

Rant of the day:  

AA flight to ATL.  Right after takeiff, everyone belted to their seats....the seat screens come on and the PA loudly blasts a two minute sales pitch for the AA credit card.  Grrrrrrr!

Leave me alone, or at least let me shut it off.  The idea of shoving products onto a restrained audience really rubbed me wrong.

Of all the credit cards I might want,  AA has gone to the bottom of my lis,t as in, no way, not ever!

I wouldn't  think of doing this to passengers in my Mooney.

Edited by Mooneymite
  • Like 2

Why did I get a final delivery notice from the post office but it's the only notice I received?  Why can't these eBay sellers just ship normally?  I can't be home all day to get a $100 item.  Now I have to go to the post office but they are open 9 to 4.

• 2 weeks later...