SOLD: M20J Original Exhaust

Bolter

I have replaced the original exhaust off my 1983 M20J with new.  This was a proactive step as part of my preventive maintenance philosophy for a plane I intend to keep a long time.  No leaks or specific problems found, but that said, the exhaust is a wear item and original, about 2400 hours and 32 years, and the price reflects this.  For someone who wants to put off a new exhaust a little longer in order to coordinate with their TBO or major annual, this may be for you.  

Only what is seen here is included: 4 risers, muffler/collector, and tailpipe.  Specifically, the heater shroud and tailpipe hardware are not included. It is drilled for EGT probes on all 4 stacks.  The #2 cylinder swage fit area was repaired once as part of my pre-purchase squawks. That was over 400 hours ago.

Some of you are bound to wonder, so I'll add that I went with a new Knisely exhaust.  Powerflow was more than I could afford/justify during this annual, but was surely tempted.  Feel free to discuss the merits of my decisions amongst yourselves.  I'll add that it was only flown ROP except when it was flown LOP, unless the moon was full, in which case I used camguard.  :-)

$300 plus shipping costs.  Or pick it up at KFUL (other SoCal airports possible if we can coordinate schedules and you buy lunch)  

Reply or PM with any questions.

thanks,

-dan

M20J_Exhaust_009.jpg

M20J_Exhaust_002.jpg

M20J_Exhaust_003.jpg

M20J_Exhaust_001.jpg

M20J_Exhaust_004.jpg

M20J_Exhaust_006.jpg

M20J_Exhaust_005.jpg

M20J_Exhaust_008.jpg

M20J_Exhaust_007.jpg

M20J_Exhaust_010.jpg

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I have not been very active in promoting the sale of my old exhaust, and now it is a few years later and I am moving to Washington State.  I don't want to haul this large box around.  Final offer is FREE to anyone who wants to meet up somewhere near me in the Fullerton, CA general area. Otherwise it is going to the trash in February.

PM me if you want to coordinate a pickup.

thanks, -dan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Bolter changed the title to FS/FREE M20J Original Exhaust
  • Bolter changed the title to SOLD: M20J Original Exhaust