aircraftspruce military/retiree/cap discount

RobertGary1

I've been lurking reading about Mooneys when I noticed this post. So I thought I would register and warn you all....

The Aircraft Spruce page says they will call you and ask for a copy of your military ID. Making a photocopy of your military ID is against federal law and can land you in jail with fines, see

www.dm.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123285355

The only exception is for medical services.

I apologize for my first post being a downer, but I just want to make sure people know before they get in trouble.

We noticed the posting regarding Aircraft Spruce's discounted pricing to members of the military. Just to clarify our verification procedure, we do not require a copy of a military ID. Past and present members of the U.S. military branches can confirm their status in several other ways, at which time the account can be coded for military discount.

Aircraft Spruce & Specialty Co.
Customer Service Dept.
  • Like 3