J model gross weight increase

capthaak

Reading my MAPA Training Manual, introduction page ix states the Gross weight of the 1991 J model was increased from 2740 to 2900 lbs. Late model J's could be re-certified at the higher weight. Questions should be referred to Mooney. Has anyone attempted to re-certify their J? If so, what are the details?

Reading my MAPA Training Manual, introduction page ix states the Gross weight of the 1991 J model was increased from 2740 to 2900 lbs. Late model J's could be re-certified at the higher weight. Questions should be referred to Mooney. Has anyone attempted to re-certify their J? If so, what are the details?

I believe Parker_Woodruff had the 2900lbs increase done  back when he had his J model.

Edited by Shadrach

Having the correct S/N is the key.

Something changed regarding the tubes used for the structure in the middle years of production...(?)

Best regard,

-a-

I've got a 82 Missile, in the STC paperwork, it lists the part numbers of the landing gear / airframe parts that were changed to up the max gross weight to 3200lbs.  I think the parts that rocket used are the same ones used in the mid-model Gross weight increase S/N's.  They are definitely stock mooney parts (not aftermarket).

• Like 1