Travel Boards

Good evening everyone,

I want to first take this opportunity to apologize for not communicating the status of the rigging boards with everyone on here. As JSNO mentioned above, a few individuals (not on Mooneyspace) have an issue with what I am doing. As many of you know, I am an FAA Employee and cannot risk my job due to an ethics violation and/or an aviation safety related issue. This thing has escalated to a level I never imagined. I felt that I was using my skills to help everyone out and it turned out that there are people that seem to think what I am doing could "potentially" create more harm than good. For now, I am going to postpone work on this, until I find an alternate method to move forward. It's absolutely ridiculous in my opinion, but I will keep you posted.

5 minutes ago, dmevans said:

Good evening everyone,

I want to first take this opportunity to apologize for not communicating the status of the rigging boards with everyone on here. As JSNO mentioned above, a few individuals (not on Mooneyspace) have an issue with what I am doing. As many of you know, I am an FAA Employee and cannot risk my job due to an ethics violation and/or an aviation safety related issue. This thing has escalated to a level I never imagined. I felt that I was using my skills to help everyone out and it turned out that there are people that seem to think what I am doing could "potentially" create more harm than good. For now, I am going to postpone work on this, until I find an alternate method to move forward. It's absolutely ridiculous in my opinion, but I will keep you posted.

Never let a good deed go un-punished.

It’s a simple tool that everyone should have…

Not just have access to…

The objective… get them in everybody’s hands, and cover the cost of doing so….

Not the objective… control tools for preferred mechanics….

Not the objective 2… Make a ton of money… too hard to do with the limited customers that can possibly be interested….

Very similar logic for landing gear tools…

Too many things get adjusted without proper tools… owners don’t have the opportunity to see anything wrong until it is too late….

Not having the right tools available is worse than putting good tools in everyone’s hands…

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic…

-a-

10 hours ago, dmevans said:

Good evening everyone,

PM sent.

• 7 months later...
On 2/26/2022 at 9:39 PM, dmevans said:

Good evening everyone,

I’ve been waiting for about 20 sets of aviation wall art to show up on eBay from some unknown seller down the street.

Some day maybe :-)

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, AvcenterMarina said:

I found two wood travel boards in our surplus inventory. We have the following; 

Elevator Travel Board for Mooney M20-K, PN: 030004-503

Rudder Travel Board for Mooney M20A, B, C, D, E, F, G, J, K & M22, PN: 030005-100

I'm not 100% positive on the part numbers, but based on what is listed on the Mooney Special Tools page on the Australian Mooney Pilots Assoc. Website, that appears to be what they are.

Let me know if any of y'all might be interested & make us an offer! We have no use for them here at our shop :)

Photos attached!

20221021_155632.jpg

20221021_155635.jpg

20221021_155650.jpg

20221021_155707.jpg

20221021_155731.jpg

20221021_155740.jpg

Put them on eBay & let us know. Or let us know what you want for them

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, AvcenterMarina said:

I found two wood travel boards in our surplus inventory. We have the following; 

Elevator Travel Board for Mooney M20-K, PN: 030004-503

Rudder Travel Board for Mooney M20A, B, C, D, E, F, G, J, K & M22, PN: 030005-100

I'm not 100% positive on the part numbers, but based on what is listed on the Mooney Special Tools page on the Australian Mooney Pilots Assoc. Website, that appears to be what they are.

Let me know if any of y'all might be interested & make us an offer! We have no use for them here at our shop :)

Photos attached!

20221021_155632.jpg

20221021_155635.jpg

20221021_155650.jpg

20221021_155707.jpg

20221021_155731.jpg

20221021_155740.jpg

I don’t see any degree marks on these. Is it just the pictures or are there no marks?

Thanks.

15 minutes ago, AvcenterMarina said:

Verified that are no marks. We thought we had two sets of each. The set beloning to our satellite location that did have the degree marks has been sold already, these are no longer available for sale due to this! Apologies everyone!:wacko:

I’d hold on to them as I may be able to help you get the degree marks and get them aligned. 
David