How is JPI repair or support

Houman

I just sent my EDM 700 to JPI for a bench test and add Fuel Flow in it, they told me 7 to 10 days that it would take for them to complete and sent it back. I'm wondering if that is something you guys have gone trough and how fast are they ?

On a side note, would you fly without the EDM, I'm a bit uneasy, since I want to see all my temps on the big bore engine when I fly, even tough it is not a flight requirement, I think it is better for my plane to fly it when I get it back, but I guess I can rely on the single factory CHT and oil temp gauges and run the machine very very conservatively.... or just wait...

I just sent my EDM 700 to JPI for a bench test and add Fuel Flow in it, they told me 7 to 10 days that it would take for them to complete and sent it back. I'm wondering if that is something you guys have gone trough and how fast are they ?

On a side note, would you fly without the EDM, I'm a bit uneasy, since I want to see all my temps on the big bore engine when I fly, even tough it is not a flight requirement, I think it is better for my plane to fly it when I get it back, but I guess I can rely on the single factory CHT and oil temp gauges and run the machine very very conservatively.... or just wait...

Their support has been fine. I was dealing with Mp fluctuations and interference with the GTN. Tim was really helpful and they got the unit back within a week. I fly behind a 900, so it is primary for me. I would fly with the factory gauges.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Their support has been fine. I was dealing with Mp fluctuations and interference with the GTN. Tim was really helpful and they got the unit back within a week. I fly behind a 900, so it is primary for me. I would fly with the factory gauges.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ditto, they turned around my 930 (primary) in 2 days plus transit time. While checking the unit itself and one of the transducers they updated the firmware.

Overall, a good experience. Sent my EDM-700 to troubleshoot the new-to-me FF option that was put in a year ago. A transducer went bad, and they wouldn't replace at their expense or any break on the cost. I understand since it had been a year, but it took quite a bit of flying to determine that was the reason for incorrect GPH usage (I called their tech support several times, and went through many K factor changes). They weren't ugly or rude about it - just firm. My MSC who put it in felt bad about it, and helped me on the replacement cost.