CHT's

blakealbers

Morning guys...I have noticed I cant close up the cowl and pull back the mixture like some of you boys and keep my hottest cylinder under 400.  I flew to memphis at 15500 last week had to have cowl about 1/3 open and mixture pulled back to 1535-50 @ 32/2400.  Am I alone on this and need to get baffling and such checked out or is this normal ? Cant remember OAT but it was early morning and of course a 3 hour flight @ 15,500 it was nt too hott. 

I've got one "hotter" cylinder that lives around 400 degrees in the summer...all the rest stay in the 330-380 range.  This is at 30/2400 at 100 ROP with slight cowl flap in trail.  It's the #6 jug that has run this way for years...  Doesn't seem to be altitude dependent.

Take a tube of silicone in a caulk gun and seal every place you can find, from the back of the alternator to the oil cooler, both sides. Every little hole, every little crack. For some of them you may need to put hard plastic tubing over the end of the silicone to get into tight locations.

32/2400, yikes. And at that TiT what WAS your fuel burn ? :-)

Who is it that started the rule of ..... Ah is it 53 ? 24(00) rpm plus 32mp = 56     (RPM+MP = 53)

I usually run 28 or 29mp at 2400, burning 19.5+/- @ 1600-1615 TiT nothing ever over 380 degrees with the flaps closed.

• Like 1