*SOLD* 1993 TLS for $99,000

Piloto

I removed the interior panels, etc. I was going to paint them but since I'm in San Antonio decided to take them to Hector at Aero Comfort. He covered the panels and headliner in off white (very light gray) ultra leather.  The ultra leather really makes the panels a lot more durable. After 20+ years they get very brittle. Mine were in great shape with no cracks, but yellowed. I have seen some that he has done that come in all cracked and in pieces - they repair them, cover them and they look brand new.

aerocomfort.com

Edited by LANCECASPER

Just now, LANCECASPER said:

I took the interior panels, seats, etc to Hector at Aero Comfort and he covered the panels and headliner in off white (very light gray) ultra leather.  

aerocomfort.com

Wow - its beautiful.  Can I ask - how much that service cost?  - how much weight it added?

The most recent price list I have (from May 2015 which Hector gave me in December) shows $2966 to cover all the panels in ultraleather. It is very thin but covers well. I don't have the weight of just that, but Hector could tell you.  www.aerocomfort.com

2016-02-15 08-16.pdf

Edited by LANCECASPER

What was the turn-around time..My seats are done. I would like the plastic covered in the Ultra? Hector did my yokes and seats. Came out great. Just need to finish the plastic, and have the dash plastic replaced with a fresh CNC cut panel.

Lance, Yours looks great!

-Tom

1 hour ago, TWinter said:

What was the turn-around time..My seats are done. I would like the plastic covered in the Ultra? Hector did my yokes and seats. Came out great. Just need to finish the plastic, and have the dash plastic replaced with a fresh CNC cut panel.

Lance, Yours looks great!

-Tom

They were very busy at the time that I did it, so it took about a  month from the time they had the panels to when they were finished. Normally I don't think it takes that long. For me it was fine since the interior needed to be out anyway for the avionics upgrade.

• Like 1

Just now, Shadrach said:

Those are Fischer Cup Holders. Very popular with European car enthusiasts. Made in Germany. Check eBay.

Edit - Lance beat me to it.

Mine aren't Fischer. I only spent $8 each including shipping. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Indoor-Outdoor-Universal-BURGUNDY-Folding-Mug-Cup-Holder-/121110189877?hash=item1c32bad735:g:c~4AAMXQVT9S-4tE&vxp=mtr

Just now, LANCECASPER said:

Ah. I stand corrected - Those are cheap Chinese knock-offs of Fischer cup holders, but they matched Lances interior! :D;)

• 7 months later...
On 11/21/2015 at 1:18 PM, LANCECASPER said:

The more I kept thinking about it I realized that this might be a good plane for me. I am saving up for a hangar/home and will be selling my 2000 Ovation (glass panel, air conditioning) to help fund it.

I sold the 2000 Ovation the end of August and closed on a hangar home near Kerrville September 29

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/7/2015 at 7:17 PM, LANCECASPER said:

On December 7, 2015 kmyfm20s said:

Did you do the Bravo conversation while in annual?

The temperatures were good on the way back. The compressions were good on the pre-buy and annual. When it comes time for a top on the engine I'll do the Bravo conversion.

I probably own the last M20M in the world (N134JF) that isn't converted to a TIO-540-AF1B (Bravo) engine. (The two other M20M's that I had over the years were already converted to Bravos before I bought them).  I've flown this one about 100 hours in the past two years in between re-doing the interior, the panel, the baffle seals, all LEDs and fixing one tank. I have flown it conservatively since I got it and the temperatures have been good. The oil analyses have been good, but I recently noticed that oil consumption had gone up.

Well . .  it's officially time for the Bravo conversion. I started my annual last week with a compression check and I had a couple low cylinders. I'm going to go ahead and do the top end overhaul and Lycoming Service Instruction 1479a (Bravo "wet-head" conversion). I bought a set of bravo cylinders about a year ago that are at J & J Airparts getting overhauled right now (3-4 weeks til they're done :(). Another Mooney owner sold me the Bravo Parts kit that Lycoming sent him - he decided to swap his -A engine out for a factory new -B engine quite a few years ago and had been hanging on to the kit. I happened to sit next to him at MAPA last fall and we worked out a deal last week on the kit.

IMG_1744.thumb.JPG.bd3993765882485db8032cbbf29e3b44.JPG

IMG_1746.thumb.JPG.bafec356f8ec0c749e510fcc65117277.JPG

IMG_1750.thumb.JPG.f972e20dfe95a193f9af2f16748b636b.JPG

I'll update this thread on the conversion once we get going.

• Like 4