*SOLD* 1993 TLS for $99,000

Piloto

Assuming no corrosion from living in Florida and hardly being flown, that is a very good deal.  She doesn't know what she has.  The plane has Altitude preselect, Shadin Fuel Flow, and engine monitor, that isn't mentioned.  The plane needs the Bravo upgrade (no engine at this time unless corrosion in it), a WAAS GPS and possibly ADS-B OUT.  I don't understand the '89 paint job, but the serial number is past mine so it is a 93.  It also has the new stronger braking system that isn't mentioned.

25,000 Bravo Upgrade

15,000 WAAS GPS (GTN 750 installed) or less if used 430 or 530

5,000 GTX 330EX Transponder with ADS-B OUT (Installed)

So you're getting a Bravo for 99,000 + 45,000 = 144,000.

You could also get 1,000 for the KLN 90B on GPS upgrade.

A steal.....

Edited by donkaye
  • Like 1

What does a Bravo upgrade entail?

Prop need new engine at some point being 22 years.

The Bravo upgrade is a complete top to the engine that includes all new cylinders and an oil injecting system to the  exhaust value guides.  Yes, the prop probably should be OH.  Runs about 3K+

Edited by donkaye
  • Like 1

Assuming no corrosion from living in Florida and hardly being flown, that is a very good deal.  She doesn't know what she has.  The plane has Altitude preselect, Shadin Fuel Flow, and engine monitor, that isn't mentioned.  The plane needs the Bravo upgrade (no engine at this time unless corrosion in it), a WAAS GPS and possibly ADS-B OUT.  I don't understand the '89 paint job, but the serial number is past mine so it is a 93.  It also has the new stronger braking system that isn't mentioned.

25,000 Bravo Upgrade

A steal.....

Gainesville is in North central Fla in the middle of the state. If hangared there I wouldn't think the environment would be too terribly corrosive.

Once the cylinders are removed, the truth will be told about camshaft corrosion.  I'd be surprised if there was none. They don't include a new cam in the Bravo conversion kit do they?

Clarence

Edited by M20Doc

25,000 Bravo Upgrade

A steal.....

While a plane living in Fl. certainly is exposed to high humidity during the summer months, it isn't any worse than  a plane that is exposed to advection fog daily where it is surrounded with 100% humidity. My point is that you can get a rust bucket from San Jose as well as one from Florida, or you can get a great plane from either place. Some of the best maintained Mooney's I have flown in and seen live in Florida, and the worst came from dry Arizona.

Recently, a Mooneyspacer, ordered up a  0 time factory reman for 56K at Osh. as another high dollar option for the engine when it finally cooks the cylinders. 

• Like 2

TLS, not Bravo yet...

Definitely the basis of the best traveling Mooneys.  The TLS got improved with the 'B'ravo update.

It would make a ton of sense to look at this if thinking of upgrading from a short body to longer body Mooney.

As usual, PPI is still required, know the costs and benefits of doing the Bravo update. They are at the top of this thread...

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam

Wouldn't the 330ES go well in support of the GTN that is already needed in that spacious TLS IP?

or would you prefer a different remote mounted TXPR to go with the audio panel in the way back?

On the other hand, if my friends were calling me Rocket... Something touched by Rocket Engineering may be more appropriate?

Best regards,

-a-

Edited by carusoam
  • Like 1

Many of the TIO-540-AF1A engines that were used in the TLS needed a top end overhaul between 300-500 hours - that was the reason for the Bravo "wet-head" conversion. This one has 572 hours on it without a top end overhaul. 

I think the Bravo conversion will run quite a bit over $30000.

For those who got the Bravo conversion when Lycoming came out with the Service Instruction in 1996 the price was "reasonable" - about $10000. That was the time to do it.

In the 2008 price list below Lycoming wanted almost $25000 just for the 05K22169 kit plus all of the labor involved. Lycoming's prices would be considerably more expensive today, 7 yrs later.

http://docslide.us/documents/2008-lycoming-service-parts-price-

The wholesale Bluebook price on a base TLS with the Bravo conversion starts at $103000. That's on an airplane in annual. This one hasn't had an annual inspection since 2010 and doesn't have the Bravo conversion. It's hard to make the math work on it.

1993 Mooney TLS bluebook.pdf

• Like 2

For those who got the Bravo conversion when Lycoming came out with the Service Instruction in 1996 the price was "reasonable" - about $10000.

Wrong.  The price was $5,000.  We were on Lycoming for years before that to fix the problem.

Edited by donkaye

Wrong.  The price was $5,000.  We were on Lycoming for years before that to fix the problem.

Wow thanks for the correction. Hard to believe that everyone would not have done the upgrade, with the low cost and the great benefits.

In 96 I bought serial #209 from Mooney - it was the first Bravo. Even with the Bravo conversion you still had to manage temperatures - I can't imagine how tough it was at altitude before the conversion. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/19/2015, 12:44:05, carusoam said:

To anyone we know? An MSer?

Congrats to both buyer and seller,

-a-

It was sold to Lance Casper from this Forum. It flew yesterday to it's new home in Texas. 

Lance let us know of your findings with N134JF. I noticed on Flightaware you flew it non stop to Texas.

José