Book: Those Remarkable Mooneys

prflyer

Does anyone have one of these books lying around that they would not mind selling for a reasonable price?  Also, in the alternative, if someone is willing to send it to me to read, I'm also happy to pass it along to the next person after I'm done reading it.  I read in prior threads of similar "book club" deals by other Mooney Space members.

Thanks,

Fernando

http://www.amazon.com/Those-remarkable-Mooneys-Larry-Ball/dp/0964151499/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442451249&sr=8-1&keywords=remarkable+mooneys

Holy crap, $113 used from Amazon!  Looks like I'll be hanging on to the signed copy I got back in 1998 at the Mooney Homecoming!

Have you tried eBay?

http://www.amazon.com/Those-remarkable-Mooneys-Larry-Ball/dp/0964151499/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1442451249&sr=8-1&keywords=remarkable+mooneys

Holy crap, $113 used from Amazon!  Looks like I'll be hanging on to the signed copy I got back in 1998 at the Mooney Homecoming!

Have you tried eBay?

That is ridiculous. I've read it and it's barely worth the $35, or $40 I spent on it. It's nice that someone took the time to write down the Mooney airplane history, but it is not that well written and not easy to use as a reference. Sadly, it is mostly what we have. Seriously, nobody should pay $113 for this book until the day when inflation causes a 12 pack of beer to cost $113.

• Like 1

I may have an old paperback at the hangar. I'll check this weekend during pitot static check. Gotta be ready for Summit! :)

I've not found it yet. Could be mixed up in my move from WV to AL last year, or from the condo into the house earlier this month. It'll turn up.

I bought one a few years ago for cheap and it was signed autographed even by Larry Ball himself! Good to know its valuable. I wish someone would write an updated version to include newer Mooney like Ovation, Acclaim and Bravo as well as detail mods like Rocket and Missile and a buyer guide.

• 2 weeks later...

Cliffy shows N. Arizona on his profile.  Terrible flooding out there.  The Salt river overflows it's banks and runs across the PHX airport from time to time disrupting life.

Seems strange that normally arid Arizona should be flooded, but there's not much to hold the water back when it pours.

Here's hoping that Cliffy is okay....except for the book.

Edited by Mooneymite

Cliffy shows N. Arizona on his profile.  Terrible flooding out there.  The Salt river overflows it's banks and runs across the PHX airport from time to time disrupting life.

Seems strange that normally arid Arizona should be flooded, but there's not much to hold the water back when it pours.

Here's hoping that Cliffy is okay....except for the book.

With the weather we have been seeing this Spring, I wonder how long before the locust show up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All flash flood stuff  Had a BIG Tstorm park over our area for an hour or so and dump 1/2" in 30 mins on the rain gauge. It all flowed through my garage and  several neighbors. Had about 1 foot wall of water hit my garage door (house is up 20 inches). Lots of fences down, deep channels through yards, wet sand in big piles everywhere and they got the streets opened around noon by plowing the rocks and sand to the side. Now they have to pick it up. We were all digging out today. Will be several weeks before everything is cleaned up. 

We are located in Page AZ and about 1 mile from the Utah border. 

Thanks for the concerns. This really is a great forum. It is much appreciated. 

• 1 year later...
17 minutes ago, Smiles201 said:

Just moved and found my copy. In good to very good condition, looks like signature on second page in blue ink. Thought I would advertise it here first. On Amazon they are asking over $100 for signature copy. Let the bidding begin!!

Aw, if you don;t want to keep it, get it to @mike_elliott or Neil/Becky Cohen post haste for the silent auction at Mooney Summit to benefit the Billy Gilliland Foundation. Take that $100 (or more) tax deduction and be a sport.

2 hours ago, Smiles201 said:

Just moved and found my copy. In good to very good condition, looks like signature on second page in blue ink. Thought I would advertise it here first. On Amazon they are asking over $100 for signature copy. Let the bidding begin!!

Or be a good fellow and let prflyer read it first.

I have a pristine hardcover signed by Ball and many others. I'll mail it to prflyer if he is still interested, or to someone who will appreciate the book. Just give me a good reason and it is free. I don't think I could get it to the Summit in time. :)

image.png.b3ae5385a7216943f37df708bfddabce.png

• Like 1