Alex's M20D (continuous thread)

1 hour ago, M20Doc said:

The Seminole may not be great, but it did sell more than the Mooney twin.

Clarence

44B79B11-7B08-40CE-BF2C-3C4A460D2AB8.jpeg

Check out...

• the trim setting and
  • prop pitch
  • lots o Mooneys parked on grass that day...

on the as parked... Mooney twin...

what would be the cruise speed of a Mooney 400...?

Being a continuously low annual flight time pilot... Single engine ops are for me... SEL...

But, high power SEL always gets my attention...  :)

Keep up the good work, Alex!

Best regards,

-a-

• 5 weeks later...

Nice work Alex!! Survey and pipeline are still good ways to build time. Know a guy that flew 900hrs in 6mo. Another guy just got a mapping contract in a 172. They gave him a credit card, $535 a week, a 172, and said go for 8mo. Everyone keeps telling me how great the airlines are... it’s all good until you get to stand in the same line at Wendy’s at LAS.

Maybe I’m in denial. But the retirement at the majors is starting to be insane. The math checks out after 30 years to have Over 3.0m given in retirement funds at the two big cargo flyers. That’s with a normal paycheck! 
Florida has some good AF Guard and Reserve units. 
-Matt

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Raptor05121 said:

Yup I'm gunning for survey. Seems I'm in the middle of the dead zone for the season.

I wish I could do something with the military. I'm blind in one eye and short of being a cook at an air base, I'll never get to fly the cool stuff.

Did you get a waiver for a Class II?    One of my eyes is bad enough that I had to get a waiver for a Class III, and pretty much didn't have the means to pursue anything past that, medically.   Now I'm on basic med for the same reason.

5 hours ago, Raptor05121 said:

Yup I'm gunning for survey. Seems I'm in the middle of the dead zone for the season.

I wish I could do something with the military. I'm blind in one eye and short of being a cook at an air base, I'll never get to fly the cool stuff.

Are you correctable to 20/20 with glasses?  That is the current requirement for the AF.  Lots of my co-workers wear glasses or contacts. 

3 hours ago, EricJ said:

Did you get a waiver for a Class II?    One of my eyes is bad enough that I had to get a waiver for a Class III, and pretty much didn't have the means to pursue anything past that, medically.   Now I'm on basic med for the same reason.

I have a SODA (Statement of Demonstrated Ability) with a second class medical

35 minutes ago, kpaul said:

Are you correctable to 20/20 with glasses?  That is the current requirement for the AF.  Lots of my co-workers wear glasses or contacts. 

No. My brain never looked out of my right eye. Birth defect. Its 20/200

51 minutes ago, Raptor05121 said:

I have a SODA (Statement of Demonstrated Ability) with a second class medical

No. My brain never looked out of my right eye. Birth defect. Its 20/200

Interesting.   That's pretty much how mine is, too, but not quite as bad.   Glad that you got the SODA.   Mine was for distant-vision only and once I got old enough that I could no longer finagle the near-vision, too, I just went to basic med.   

35 minutes ago, Raptor05121 said:

I did a thing

82142589_10157885838439640_3509597929964830720_o.jpg

Sure wish they would have been available when I pulled the trigger, really wanted the SkyBeacon with ADS-B in on the other side but oh well 

Edited by RLCarter
  • Like 1