Alex's M20D (continuous thread)

Congrats on getting your plane fixed.

FYI, the RG batteries can be finicky on charging voltage per my attached photo from the Concorde battery Owners Manual.  It is an easy adjustment on the voltage regulator.  There is a potentiometer near the center of the regulator after you take off the cover.  Turn right to lower the voltage.  A tiny turn (maybe 1/8 of a turn) is probably all you'd need.

IMG_1083.PNG

1 hour ago, RLCarter said:

Your Plane Power didn't require a "Field" switch? 

I don't understand the question? I have a field circuit breaker already if that's what you mean.

32 minutes ago, Andy95W said:

Congrats on getting your plane fixed.

FYI, the RG batteries can be finicky on charging voltage per my attached photo from the Concorde battery Owners Manual.  It is an easy adjustment on the voltage regulator.  There is a potentiometer near the center of the regulator after you take off the cover.  Turn right to lower the voltage.  A tiny turn (maybe 1/8 of a turn) is probably all you'd need.

IMG_1083.PNG

Thanks, I could not find the adjustment anywhere. I'll see if my A&P can pull the cover and get it lowered. It sits at 14.6 but I've seen it as high as 15.0 with everything on.

The voltage adjustment is on the regulator.  someone has to adjust it with the cowl off while someone is in the plane running it.  As I recall, mine was set to 13.8v and I can't remember if that is at idle or higher rpm...   I used a breaker that can be pulled to turn it off rather than a proper switch.

11 hours ago, RLCarter said:

Mine has a toggle switch/circuit breaker (same switch as the boost fuel pump).

10 hours ago, carusoam said:

Modern Mooney panels have...

• Master switch/CB
  • Alternator switch/CB
  • Instrument panel switch/CB

The alternator switch is probably switching on/off the field wire... this allows the pilot to activate/deactivate the alternator...

PP thoughts only...

Best regards,

-a-

All are tied into the Master on mine. I do have separate C/Bs for them, though. 

• Like 1

She's flying great. Today was the first day where it actually felt like fall. No clouds after 5pm, sky smooth as silk. I shot down to my CFIs house for a chat about getting back into the IFR training regime, then popped on over to my mechanic's place (beautiful 2300' grass strip) for some hangar flying. It wasn't long before my girlfriend was ready to get back and eat

22007697_10155765748224640_9038826849888

22048142_10155765642069640_1296020011778

• Like 7

Thanks Raptor. The belt on my plane is apparently is the one used for generators. I broke a couple of belts when I first bought the plane with the InterAv installed. After several tries, my IA put on the belt that is on it, that was over 25 years ago. I suspect that I need the Lycoming Alternator belt. I can not get a response from Plane Power, perhaps they took today's holiday.

Gates green labled belts are ok to use per the STC. 

The belt that came in the kit didn't fit my flywheel for some reason. I played around with belt size until I found one that fit. 38 3/8" rings a bell. 

O'Reillys had the best selection of that brand of belts. 

-Matt

• Like 1