Stall Horn

Releew

I took the screws out of the main posts on the visor mounts and the posts did not loosen up at all. The little screws only appear to go into the headliner itself and don't need to be removed. If you can shed any more light on the visors, hank, please do.

I will eventually go back and remove the entire headliner to figure out why I can't open the vent scoop on top of the cabin. probably detail that in a different thread

1 hour ago, carusoam said:

Vent scoops, control wire, and drain tube... completely different thread....  :)

But, while you are in there.

Best regards,

-a-

My vent scoop and control wire work just great, except..... no air comes out! Doesn't matter if the scoop is wide open or flush with the fuselage.

Haven't had the courage to disassemble everything to find out the problem.  Now that summer is here, that may change rather soon:o

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 6:44 AM, Hank said:

The secret holding at the front is probably the visor attachments. Had to remove mine to get the headliner out.

Fortunately if you are a little nimble with your fingers you can change the sonalert without removing the headliner. Just lower it a couple inches.

-Robert

My problem is different.  The stall warning works, but after flying for a while there’s a weak sound over the headset. Sometimes it gets louder and annoying so I pull the stall warning breaker and it stops. My mechanic replaced the whole unit and it still happens. He thinks it’s a wire rubbing someplace. Still have not found it. Most of the time I fly with the breaker out. Any thoughts?

17 hours ago, timpercarpio said:

My problem is different.  The stall warning works, but after flying for a while there’s a weak sound over the headset. Sometimes it gets louder and annoying so I pull the stall warning breaker and it stops. My mechanic replaced the whole unit and it still happens. He thinks it’s a wire rubbing someplace. Still have not found it. Most of the time I fly with the breaker out. Any thoughts?

Sounds right. As I recall power goes directly to the sonalert. The ground routes through the stall strip. So if the wire out to the stall strip grounds out anywhere you’ll get noise. Does it happen on the ground with the master on?

-Robert

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 8:44 AM, Hank said:

The secret holding at the front is probably the visor attachments. Had to remove mine to get the headliner out.

Is there any other tips you can share on how those visor mounts come out? I removed the screw from the large chrome fitting, but they did not seem to come loose at all.

On 6/12/2019 at 7:27 AM, timpercarpio said:

It's very likely you have a grounding point somewhere. I had the same problem and traced the wire all the way from the switch to the cabin (definitely do this yourself because it can take hours). Don't fly with the breaker out. Stall warning is there for a reason. 

23 hours ago, Woodpile said:

Is there any other tips you can share on how those visor mounts come out? I removed the screw from the large chrome fitting, but they did not seem to come loose at all.

I don't remember, it's been a while. Seems there's a screw through the big round pieces in the corners where the swivel joint is, and maybe more screws in the center?

• 3 months later...
On 9/4/2015 at 1:33 PM, mike28w said:

I'm one of those guys who sprayed some electronics grade contact cleaner on the switch from both sides and moved it up and down a bunch and sprayed again , multiple times.......That was about 8 years ago, haven't had a problem since.....   I bought the contact cleaner at radio shack for less than $10 bucks.....  ymmv !     :)

Worked for me, thanks mike