Leather is in

• 2 months later...

Getting closer to doing my seats.  Did the rear seat have the spar cover attached?  On my 64E it is attached to the bottom cushion and drapes over the spar to a number of sheetmetal hooks on the floor board.  On Airtex site, the C in their photos looks like it has carpet on the spar.  

Did you take the springs out from below the rear cushion?

Is there anything you wished you had asked them to do?

thanks again for taking the time to answer every bodies questions.

Getting closer to doing my seats.  Did the rear seat have the spar cover attached?  On my 64E it is attached to the bottom cushion and drapes over the spar to a number of sheetmetal hooks on the floor board.  On Airtex site, the C in their photos looks like it has carpet on the spar.  

Did you take the springs out from below the rear cushion?

Is there anything you wished you had asked them to do?

thanks again for taking the time to answer every bodies questions.

The rear seat cover bottoms come completely done and have the spar cover attached.  You slip the rods into the seat bottom and click into place.  I had to make a small slit in the leather to allow the bars to grip the clips.  There is nothing I wished they would do.  I am glad I had a local shop complete the seat back on the rear.  I might have been better off having them do the seat backs on the fronts because the seat back frame is very curved and it's hard to get the foam to stay attached to the back.  

You guys should see the seat cushion I recently had Airtex make custom for passengers who need an extra two inches.  Matches perfectly but I haven't gotten out to the plane yet to "install" it so I'll wait to post pics.

What a tease! Show us the cushion anyway. 

• Like 1

NICE!! So much better than the chair cushions my wife stacks up in her seat.

+1 I bought one of those seat boosters from Sportys or Spruce can't remember which for my wife very inexpensive and light weight but your solution looks much nicer. She likes the cushion we got but for the most part she will sleep most flights and does not use it.