Annual Inspection & General Service Maintenance

Definitely give Southwest Texas Aviation in San Marcos a try. Very close to San Antonio by Texas standards. Actually, about half way between San Antonio and Austin.

Russell Stallings (owner) has been associated with Mooneys for a long time and even had a good number of STC mods to his name. Not as many as Paul Loewen at LASAR, but a bunch.

http://www.swta.net/home.html

I'm not affiliated with him in any way, but I've met him a few times and occasionally stopped by his shop. I was always impressed and thought he was a decent, stand-up kind of guy.

• Like 2

Definitely give Southwest Texas Aviation in San Marcos a try. Very close to San Antonio by Texas standards. Actually, about half way between San Antonio and Austin.

Russell Stallings (owner) has been associated with Mooneys for a long time and even had a good number of STC mods to his name. Not as many as Paul Loewen at LASAR, but a bunch.

http://www.swta.net/home.html

I'm not affiliated with him in any way, but I've met him a few times and occasionally stopped by his shop. I was always impressed and thought he was a decent, stand-up kind of guy.

+1 on SWTA.  I've had good experiences getting advice and information from them.  Definitely quite a bit of Mooney specific knowledge around that shop.

+1 on SWTA.  I've had good experiences getting advice and information from them.  Definitely quite a bit of Mooney specific knowledge around that shop.

Never been there, but a previous owner installed their 201 windshield on my C. It's nice, has access holes outside. Glad to have it done before I bought the plane.

Is anyone able to make a recommendation for a quality shop in or near south central Texas for a 1966 Mooney M20C? I used to have service completed at Dugosh; however, they have lost almost all of their Mooney experts and have increased their prices by 30% in the last year.

Boyd Maddox at KAXH.

He's a bit of a renegade in the Mooney community (not an MSC), but can disassemble and reassemble a Mooneymite (the M20's little sister) with his eyes closed.

Extremely good with vintage Mooneys.