KLIXON 20TC series rocker switch

gtopper

My M20J has KLIXON 20TC rocker switches for evrything from the landing lilght to the fuel boost pump, the switches work great but the plastic covers are starting to break in two pieces and fall off. The manufacture, Sensata Tech informed me they do not sell just the plastic covers and I need to replace the complete switch. Does anyone know where I can get ricker switch covers, the complete switch is over $100.00 each.

Thanks, Greg

I had the cover break on my fuel boost rocker switch. Maybe you should try contacting them again and suggest that a trouble report might be in order since so many of these are failing. Perhaps the FAA might want to look into it. If the cover falls off in flight it could be very difficult to turn the boost on for an emergency.

• 4 years later...

Depending on how the switch cover is broken, you may be able to use 2 part epoxy for plastic to put it back together. It's not hard.

Clean the switch well, put a little epoxy on the broken seam (just enough so it doesn't ooze out when you push the pieces together and just enough to form a bond, Then put a layer across the back of the switch across the seam, ~ 1/8" on either side. Let it set and you should be good.

• 6 years later...

Pete,

You might find the thread where the discussion is 3D printing them...

One MSer in particular had good success with the whole design process and proving over to shapeways...

Find that guy, and invite him here...  I think his avatar is a military helicopter....(?)

:)

Best regards,

-a-

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...