Klixon switches

jrwilson

1 hour ago, Hyett6420 said:

Hi, just came across this thread while searching for a replacement landing light switch (Klaxon i think).  the problem is the switch works fine but the cover keeps coming off.  Looks like after 20+ years the glue that holds it on has finally failed.  Has anyone got any solutions for this, I am sure it is a common problem with these switches?

Andrew

http://mooneyspace.com/topic/18349-klixon-covers-version-6/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

Hi, just came across this thread while searching for a replacement landing light switch (Klaxon i think).  the problem is the switch works fine but the cover keeps coming off.  Looks like after 20+ years the glue that holds it on has finally failed.  Has anyone got any solutions for this, I am sure it is a common problem with these switches?

Andrew

Glue?  I thought they snapped on?

4 minutes ago, Hyett6420 said:

I must admit it looks very much like glue.  I'll remove it and photograph it for you.  

Shouldn't be. Unless it broke and someone glued it on for some reason. I have a 3d printer cover around here somewhere I never used if you want to try it. 

• Like 1

I thought I'd add this... I recently replaced all my panel placards with new ones from Higher Graphics. The set included overlays for the rocker switches as well as smaller labels to go under each. I opted for black in spite of the original white switch covers but I'm satisfied with the results in my older J. Note that the switch labels were a tiny bit long but the width was spot on. I trimmed them post installation with a razor blade. If there is interest in these I'm sure they would adjust the sizing with a little prodding; they tweaked several labels of mine upon request. c71690150818b5453bf30450f904de67.jpg P.S. These seem much more durable than regular peel-and-stick labels. Oh yeah, you can install the small labels on top of the switch but I like them better below as shown.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought I'd add this... I recently replaced all my panel placards with new ones from Higher Graphics. The set included overlays for the rocker switches as well as smaller labels to go under each. I opted for black in spite of the original white switch covers but I'm satisfied with the results in my older J. Note that the switch labels were a tiny bit long but the width was spot on. I trimmed them post installation with a razor blade. If there is interest in these I'm sure they would adjust the sizing with a little prodding; they tweaked several labels of mine upon request. c71690150818b5453bf30450f904de67.jpg P.S. These seem much more durable than regular peel-and-stick labels. Oh yeah, you can install the small labels on top of the switch but I like them better below as shown.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You have a link for this company?

• 2 years later...

HaldenG,

Got a pic?  

It will help with the confirmation...

Klixon has a website that defines the various switches they build...

When it comes to functionality getting the correct amperage rating is pretty simple...

The other detail is how much depth the switch needs to deal with... depending on your panel overlay... or if it is just a painted surface ...

The easiest thing to do... pull out the old one... look at the part number on it...

Or call Lasar... with model and year of your plane...

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

• 8 months later...

Stumbled on a low priced, new Klixon switch source -- complete with ugly pale green covers.

This one is only 3 amps, but at $63 bucks, is the cheapest new Klixon I've ever seen, and is appropriate for some LED applications.

https://peerlesselectronics.com/20tc2-bg-3-circuit-breaker  37 in stock as of today.

Bought it, had it installed, it fits on the busbar, and it works just as it should!  Thought someone here might be interested.

20TC2-BG-3.JPG

• Like 3