She is finally ours..

My C uses less than Skyhawk gas. Sure, gph is higher, but on any trip (even just breakfast one county over), I consistently use less fuel. The longer the trip, the greater the difference. Two hours for me at altitude will be 10% less fuel than the 172, plus the half hour or more less travel time. :P

I know what you mean.  Today I passed a 172, he was indicating 120, I was indicating 220.  He may have had me beat on the fuel burn though.

Clarence

• 1 year later...

Hi all, my name is Brian Topping. I was the one that had the previous owner pic that got posted by @Cervelorod. That was after a flight where I realized I got caught in some nasty storms and realized I needed either a turbo to get over it, a scope to see through it, or boots to deal with neither. I loved flying it, but it was getting to be "that motorcycle that you've outgrown and are getting into dangerous situations by virtue of it being not enough". It was just a phase I was in at the time, I guess. Today, I'd probably be pretty satisfied with it again.

There's a few more pics at https://www.flickr.com/photos/82579353@N00/sets/72157594260973223/. I sold it to a gentleman in Washington in 2001 and he had it with a partner until @Cervelorod picked it up. I would have liked to have been reunited with it, but it wasn't meant to be. 

Sadly, I read there was a problem recently. I hope everyone is okay. 

Edited by briantopping
Didn't realize @cervelorod was the new owner... third person language

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Drove to Boise yesterday, was sad that I couldn't fly. But got to go to KBOI to get my o2 bottle filled at Weetern Aviation for a trip this coming weekend. I always have my head on a swivel looking for Mooneys when I'm at an airport. It was pretty cool I saw at least three on the drive in. And N6341Q was one of them, so I looked it up to see if the owner was on MS. Not to bring up bad memories but the plane looked in great shape after the gear failure. Hope the owners have been enjoying it.