Sat 8/8/15 FREE BBQ lunch @ KDNN Dalton Ga. Just south of ChattanoogaTn

Tony Armour

I had to divert to DNN during a solo cross country during my PPL when the flight school aircraft alternator died!

Finished my PPL at KPDK and earned my PPL meeting the examiner at Chattanooga.

Hope it's a great event!!

-Seth

Saw your post, Seth, thought you were coming down.

Took my initial lessons at Dalton. My instructor was hired by a carpet company and headed off to Lear school,then I bought my first house. Moved to NC a year later, had time, money and a WWII airfield with no instructors . . .

If my magneto is rebuilt (bad condenser) and reinstalled, and no CB, I'll be there!

Left mag back,she runs really smooth now. Did a runup, very smooth to 2000 and back. Left mag check great, 50-75 drop and smooth!

Right mag check, ran rough with 200-250 drop . . . So in the morning I'm testing plugs and harness before pulling right mag, too. Looks like I won't be in Dalton.

what does your engine analyzer tell you if you have one?

Right mag check, ran rough with 200-250 drop . . . So in the morning I'm testing plugs and harness before pulling right mag, too. Looks like I won't be in Dalton.

Sounds like the mag check I'd occasionally get on a bad Champion plug where the spark was jumping the resistor.

Are you running fine wires now, Hank?

Pulled the plugs,checked resistance,checked right mag harness. Found nothing. Put it back together, now it's rough on the left and smooth on the right.

I've got a bad plug. I'll call the A&P on the field, see if I can use his bomb tester Monday evening. No engine analyzer, that would have made this too easy. In addition to the cost, the problem becomes where to put one . . .

post-6921-0-17563600-1439054950_thumb.jp

post-6921-0-82797000-1439055022_thumb.jp

Pulled the plugs,checked resistance,checked right mag harness. Found nothing. Put it back together, now it's rough on the left and smooth on the right.

I've got a bad plug. I'll call the A&P on the field, see if I can use his bomb tester Monday evening. No engine analyzer, that would have made this too easy. In addition to the cost, the problem becomes where to put one . . .

Hank- JPI 730 (the small 2 1/4" one that is reasonably priced) would fit perfectly where your current carb temp gauge is. You can buy a carb temp probe for the JPI and have it all in one gauge.

If you need any more help spending your money, just ask! :)

So how was the BBQ? The afternoon forecast was a little sketchy that far north. We were sunny and hot. Went furniture shopping with the wife, she wants a new couch or sectional for the new house. I'd rather flown to Dalton! But it will be so N-I-C-E to get out of the condo . . .

BBQ was great but sparsely attended. Only about a dozen planes showed up. Weirdest thing was that somebody's ELT was going off right near the FBO and the signal was so loud it bled over to CTAF. We could never figure out who's it was. Weather was great also, not sure what forecast you were looking at but it was fine all day. Sorry we missed you..