First PnP mission completed

MooneyBob

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, milotron said:

Cool. I would like to do this too, but lots of mountains make for oxygen levels and uncomfortable flying for these guys.

Do those carriers fit through the baggage hatch?

I have three sized carriers.  One appropriate for micro dogs less the 8 to 10lbs (and remember a travel crate is appropriate if it’s smaller than a day/day crate. One for 10-20 lbs and both of these fit through.  The next size up say up to 35lbs(which I’ve also used to transport a pile of puppies) does not but these crates fold down easily and your can unfold them once in your airplane.  I don’t transport doggies over 40lbs or so.

I rarely move a dog not in a crate but Maggie was just so easy going cuddly we just didn’t bother to open up her crate in the plane - she came with her own.

Once a few years ago my son and I transported about a dozen chihuahuas.  I can’t tell you how funny it was turning around in flight and seeing a dozen pairs of little buggy eyes looking back at me!

Edited by aviatoreb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1