Mooney wet tanks

M20BE

what is the difference between say a wet wing and bladder?  If the crash is enough to rip open the tank could it be enough to puncture a bladder?  Even with a separate tank I think you are still looking at all the same problems.....so in short I think it is just as safe as any other method of storage.  My $.02

Adam, I had to use a piddle-pack for the first time last week on my trip to CO.  I bought a 2-pack of the ziploc style packs with some material to make the liquid turn to gel.  I was in smooth air on top of an undercast, with the autopilot engaged.  I moved the seat back, unbuckled, and kneeled on the seat while doing my business.  It worked fine, although I just about overwhelmed the pack!  I think I might save some big plastic bottles in the future and put some cat litter in the bottom, although it wil occupy more space than the bags.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 years later...