$100 burger suggestions

Stephenville (KSEP) has a nice BBQ place called Hard Eight about a 5 minute walk from the ramp. Brenham(11R) is a bit further and has somewhat restricted hours but has a nice diner on the field. Longview (KGGG) also has a couple of good restaurants pretty close to the field but you'd probably want a crew car.

• Like 1

Does the 100$ burger still exist??

An hour out, an hour back. Two hours' flight at 9 gph is 18 gals. Last fuel I bought was $4.02, costing $72.36 in gas and maybe $1.50-$2.00 in oil. That leaves > $25 for food, easy to do for burger or barbecue, since I can only drink tea if I'm flying home.

This flight carries no incremental costs for insurance, hangar, Garmin updates, etc., as they would be paid whether I fly to lunch or not. So yes, the $100 burger does still exist here in Alabama.

YMMV. It works for me!

• Like 3

This is no doubtĀ a poor spot to make the suggestion, but perhaps a category devoted to the fly-to-meal would be appropriateĀ for MooneySpace.Ā  I'm a foodie and, I must admit, I watch some of the "Best Eats" TV showsĀ forĀ ideas about somedayĀ airplane destinations for little more than an excuse to fly and eat.Ā  Some mission, eh?Ā  The bulk of my flying is already devoted to the dual pleasure of flight and gurgitation and I monitor Fly2Lunch, Tripadvisor, etc. for potential destinations already.Ā  As MS is the only aviation forum I bother with, I'dĀ enthusiastically followĀ recommendations of the forum for gastronomic satiety wherever it exists.Ā  Ā Ā 

• Like 2

Sometimes I fly to Ocala with a friend and have a burger at the FBO restaurant. Also go to Venice. Ocala is 1.5 round trip at 7gph or about $45 in gas. Burger and salad is around ten bucks. So no the hundred dollar hamburger doesn't exist. It's a $55 cheeseburger.

Last weekend I did a PNP flight with EMAN and we picked up the dog at Greenville(SC) Downtown.Ā  Great restaurant on the field, 10 % off to pilots and passengers.Ā  I had a super chicken salad and eman had a large burger.Ā  Highly recommended.Ā  (each was about $10 with drinks)

Met another mooney pilot there too !. LAHSO...We parked side by side.

Bill

• Like 1

Last weekend I did a PNP flight with EMAN and we picked up the dog at Greenville(SC) Downtown.Ā  Great restaurant on the field, 10 % off to pilots and passengers.Ā  I had a super chicken salad and eman had a large burger.Ā  Highly recommended.Ā  (each was about $10 with drinks)

Met another mooney pilot there too !. LAHSO...We parked side by side.

Bill

Great to meet you Bill (and Eric) at GMU. The restaurant is pretty good, and offers a discount to those flying in. And...thanks for saving the pups!