SoCal Summer Get Together

StinkBug

I posted this on another board I frequent, so it's not Mooney specific, but last time I did this it ended up being nearly all Mooneys that came out! Last time in Santa Monica was a lot of fun and I'm thinking it's about time we did it again. I'm thinking Catalina could be a great destination in the summertime, but I'm open to suggestion. Another that I'd love to check out is Oceano, been thinking about doing an overnight campout there this summer as well. 

So who's interested? When should we do it, and where?

EDIT: Looks like July 11th at Catalina.

FORMATION FLIGHT

Now you Mooniacs are talking!

Wish I could join you.

Don't forget me now.... I / several of us hope you two will join us at Catalina or somewhere along the way in October or September I don't recall exact when we are planning on this year's annual Texas to CA run.

Fly safe

• Like 1

Ok I've talked to a few people and it sounds like weekend after next is preferable. Lets pin this one down. Catalina on July 11th!

Wait a mintue Stinkbug..... you going without me!!!!!! just aint right thats all!!!

Well I guess I can pretent you are going to scout it all out for when we ALL meet there later this year!!! lol

Fly safe my friends,

Wish I could be there.  I hope these get-togethers happen more often

It has been my experience that "if you post it, they will come" :)

I think everyone enjoys flying somewhere and having some like minded folks to talk to when they get there. Just takes a little nudge to get everyone flying in the same direction.

Keeping an eye on the weather lately it seems that the marine layer is burning off quite late in the day, if it does at all. The forecast for saturday is calling for clouds in the morning giving way to sunshine and clear skies in the afternoon, but it's been saying that a lot lately. I'm thinking that it would probably be a safer bet for us to plan on meeting a little later, say 2pm, to give the sun a little more time to clear the skies for us. 

Anyone disagree?

Might need to work, but I think 2 is a good idea. The last 3 times I've landed at SMO the past week have been interesting. The IFR mins are higher than the VFR requirements due to the last Fix being out of service. Ugg.

-Matt

Might need to work, but I think 2 is a good idea. The last 3 times I've landed at SMO the past week have been interesting. The IFR mins are higher than the VFR requirements due to the last Fix being out of service. Ugg.

-Matt

Not /G I take it, or is it the radar that's OOS?