SoCal Summer Get Together

StinkBug

Yes/G, it's an obstacle on the approach from what the tower has gathered. 1120 vs 680 mins. It's been rough for the jets. I sware the City put up the obstical.

It's been notam'ed since March but was not an issue till the marine layer came in.

-Matt

Yes/G, it's an obstacle on the approach from what the tower has gathered. 1120 vs 680 mins. It's been rough for the jets. I sware the City put up the obstical.

It's been notam'ed since March but was not an issue till the marine layer came in.

-Matt

That would be very clever and I wouldn't put it past them!

Well gents let me know how AVX goes. We were going to come over but the latest comments on foreflight say the runway is more of a disaster than normal. I think we are going to hit up Camarillo for lunch. Hope to meet up with you guys sometime for sure.

As far as I know 2pm is still the time.

As for the runway, it's been crappy forever, but I haven't noticed it being any worse than normal the last couple times I've been there. Some people seem to think you need tundra tires and a super cub to land there, yet last time I landed (just a few weeks ago) there was a citation and several Mooneys on the ramp.

• Like 1

Well gents let me know how AVX goes. We were going to come over but the latest comments on foreflight say the runway is more of a disaster than normal. I think we are going to hit up Camarillo for lunch. Hope to meet up with you guys sometime for sure.

I don't see any latest comments, I only see the same old comments they always have had that where transferred from the A/FD. Catalina has been the same for years perfectly safe to land but a little ruff compared to what your used to.

See you all at 2 pm.

• Like 2

Great times! Nice to meet some new people and see some of you again! Karson and I did a bit of formation work on the way back and I'm hoping to have some good video of the action to post soon! I'll second the comment about going slow. Bring it down at a full stall and it's just a little bumpy. 

11698814_10207190994203352_3399938379941

11698616_10207190994243353_3858345901592

• Like 2

Thanks everyone.. was great meeting you all, very nice to put faces to all of these posts on here... and wow!! Awesome pics! I want to do some of that formation flying one of these days! Looking forward to the next gathering of Mooneys!

• Like 1

Sweet pics.

Beautiful day.

Let's brief another formation flight soon!

-Matt

Karson and I are always trying to get together for formation practice and it'd be awesome to have some more experienced people to fly with and learn more.

Thanks everyone.. was great meeting you all, very nice to put faces to all of these posts on here... and wow!! Awesome pics! I want to do some of that formation flying one of these days! Looking forward to the next gathering of Mooneys!

We did the Mooney Caravan training weekend in Yuma back in Feb, and it was one of the best flying experiences I've had. They are a very fun and professional group who are also very good at what they do. I highly recommend doing one of their Formation Clinics to learn all the basics and get a feel for it. I'm still fairly inexperienced and pretty much just stick to basic maneuvers, but I got to ride along with some of the more advanced guys and see a lot of really neat flying.

Dallas

• Like 1

Got the video all cut up and put together. Unfortunately the GoPros both had issues with the lens fogging up but one of them had mostly usable footage. Gotta find a solution for that. Still came out pretty good though. Hope you guys like Bob, I was in a reggae mood :)

• Like 3