Really Annapolis?

I made the quick 20min flight to Annapolis last Friday morning. The folks at the FBO were nice enough. However upon returning after closing, I found someone had placed debris on my airplane. There was a guy running a mower at the time. It looked like he cleaned out his mower deck and left me the contents as a gift. I cannot imagine why...

post-8069-0-01646100-1435080943_thumb.jp

Negative, though I have great admiration for those who are! Why did you ask?

:-)  I am guessing you forgot where you were.  Annapolis is home of the US Naval Academy.  The US Naval Academy - at Annapolis - (they call themselves "Navy") has a long standing "all in good fun" rivalry with their "arch nemesis" (in football at least) which is the US Military Academy at West Point - (called "Army").  Army vs Navy is a long standing tradition.  Especially during the week before the big football game the cadets and midshipmen from each institution pull all sorts of pranks on each other.   I have had the great honor to have taught at both institutions - 2 years at Army and 5 years at Navy. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2015 at 4:13 PM, aviatoreb said:

:-)  I am guessing you forgot where you were.  Annapolis is home of the US Naval Academy.  The US Naval Academy - at Annapolis - (they call themselves "Navy") has a long standing "all in good fun" rivalry with their "arch nemesis" (in football at least) which is the US Military Academy at West Point - (called "Army").  Army vs Navy is a long standing tradition.  Especially during the week before the big football game the cadets and midshipmen from each institution pull all sorts of pranks on each other.   I have had the great honor to have taught at both institutions - 2 years at Army and 5 years at Navy. 

Wow...right over my head.  They don't call me Capt. Literal for nothing. ;-)

My nephew is going to Army Basic in a few weeks.  He did 4 years active Air force then 2 reserves.  after basic he will be an E6 and will be stationed at West Point playing trumpet in the West Point concert band. but for the life of me I cant understand why any one would put lawn crap on top of your airplane.  did you dust him out on a run up? :mellow:

At least it did not get stuffed in your open vent

My nephew is going to Army Basic in a few weeks.  He did 4 years active Air force then 2 reserves.  after basic he will be an E6 and will be stationed at West Point playing trumpet in the West Point concert band. but for the life of me I cant understand why any one would put lawn crap on top of your airplane.  did you dust him out on a run up? :mellow:

That's a very interesting assignment.  The classic Army Bugler.

My guess what happened - no one did it on purpose.  Maybe the lawn mower made wafts of turf-grass all over the lawn or in spots on the lawn.  Then someone else on the field with an airplane made some prop blast that threw grass into the air which somehow blew and landed onto your airplane - and here we are discussing it.  That's my theory and Im sticking with it.

On 6/23/2015 at 5:05 PM, bonal said:

Looks like your nephew has his $hit together!  RE lawn debris. I have no idea why anyone would would stack mud and grass on an airplane.  I'll ask the FBO about it when I return next weekend.

Eric- when/what did you teach at West Point?

84-88 at West Point. At least you didn't teach at Air Force. Those guys are just weird.

Last year - Air Force called me up - they wanted me to come teach there!  For a year.  I said NO WAY!

No...that's not what I said - I said my kids are late stage in High School and it is a bad time to go away - but to please ask me again in just a few years I would love to.  I would be one of the few people to have taught at all 3 - that would be cool.  Its a beautiful place at Colorado Springs.

• Like 1

I don't think that was random...or mower. Birds do some weird stuff...in a hurry. I removed a robin nest from a deck speaker multiple times. She would have it about built in a few hours. Mud base and grass...a lot like your materials.

MY theory...and I am sticking to it.

No it was Alan who did it. Fess up Alan.

I tried to tell him not to do it and that it's not right and all but he just wouldn't listen. He used stp mixed with rislone and some atf to make it stay put! He claims it's a new concoction!

• Like 1

There is one orher theory. Maybe, just maybe they confused your plane wirh Chris' and they put some grass up high like that for the cows...I meant women...to graze! You know since they can't bend down to easily!

• Like 2