Garmin 430W - SOLD

Garmin 430W has been in one hangared airplane since new. Tray, backplate and all books included. Excellent condition. No issues - this was the number 2 GPS/NAV/COM. Many GNS 430's on the market were the primary GPS and subject to much more use and wear. 28v.

$6900 including shipping in the U.S.

post-8122-0-46494500-1435021260_thumb.jp

post-8122-0-37097100-1435292415_thumb.jp

Garmin 430W has been in one hangared airplane since new. Tray, backplate and all books included. Excellent condition. No issues - this was the number 2 GPS/NAV/COM. Many GNS 430's on the market were the primary GPS and subject to much more use and wear. 14/28v.

$6900 including shipping in the U.S.

Really well done panel! What are you replacing the 430W with?

I have an pre-order Avidyne 440 which should be here soon. I already replaced the GNS530W with an Avidyne IFD 540.

You're gonna have to provide us an integration report with the Aspens... I'm especially interested in the ADS-B portion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just wondering why didn't you take advantage of the transponder offer when you got the 540?  then you'd be all set for 2020. 

I did - that was an old picture of the panel with both Garmins in it. I have the AXP340 transponder so I am sending out ADS-B. I receive in on an iPad, Garmin 796.

The Garmin 430W is still for sale.

post-8122-0-84577900-1435152715_thumb.jp

You're gonna have to provide us an integration report with the Aspens... I'm especially interested in the ADS-B portion.

The IFD540 works great with the Aspens. I am pre-wired for the Aspen ADS-B box so as soon as they have the dual frequency one available I'll be able to display ADS-B in on the Aspens.

Threads like these need a generous 'Marauder' warning, like...

Caution: Multiple cool color screens, replete with scads of ultra-useful visual data below. View at your own wallet's risk...!

Who could have foreseen a big JPI fitting in the left side of the panel?

Like having a flight engineer-in-a-box...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2

Threads like these need a generous 'Marauder' warning, like...

Caution: Multiple cool color screens, replete with scads of ultra-useful visual data below. View at your own wallet's risk...!

Who could have foreseen a big JPI fitting in the left side of the panel?

Like having a flight engineer-in-a-box...

Best regards,

-a-

Me likey colors. Purdy!!

57ce83dd7a84ab16b52bfaa2975056c2.jpg

f27ef1810debbc1c39ec9a47822e8e3f.jpg

I'm looking forward to your collection of Aspens, Chris.

What goes on the third screen when you get it?

I'm a huge fan,

-a-

If Avidyne can introduce a competitive price point, I may opt for their 540 and relegate the 650 to backup duties. I have too much stuff to look at already with the two Aspens. But perhaps a screen dedicated to weather might be nice...

If Avidyne can introduce a competitive price point, I may opt for their 540 and relegate the 650 to backup duties. I have too much stuff to look at already with the two Aspens. But perhaps a screen dedicated to weather might be nice...

your girlfriends would appreciate a screen with real time McDonalds menu updates.

• Like 1

You can all drool over those displays, dials and gadgets, but the one switch that I would love to have the most is the one labelled "Air Conditioning".

I never thought air conditioning would be that important, but I agree, it's my favorite switch too.

It seems people are afraid of 28 volt units , There is an "aviation legend" that these are not supported anymore , it is not true.....   These are getting harder and harder to find.....

My avionics shop (and Garmin dealer, whatever that might mean here) said that Garmin will no longer do any hardware work on these.  Are you saying that this is not true?

Post edited to line-out bad information on my part.