Trip planning resources

PAZAWIS

I am traveling with my personal  Mooney Pilot from MD to FL to LA, TX, NM, AZ.......not sure of exact locations yet. We have two weeks vacation and a Mooney. What could be better than that?? He is the pilot and my duty is the destinations, food, hotels and fun!

My dilema ~ I have never done this before and I am looking for travel resources....airports with restaurants, neat place to fly over or into! Can anyone provide me with a link or two to help me in my searches? I appreciate whatever you can provide me with.

for general airport information, try http://www.airnav.com/airports/

They post a lot of airport information like runways, navaids, notams etc. but down at the bottom of the page is a section on where to stay: Hotels, motels resorts, B&Bs, campgrounds and there are usually comments from other travelers that have recently been there.

In Texas, a nice hotel, diner, and city is Fredericksburg, Tx. Park your plane next to "The Hangar Hotel" and get set up in your room. Rent a car and if you like wine, ride around to the 15 or so wineries(take at least two days to do this), do the town (a full day), crash at the hotel and eat at the diner.

T82 in your favorite planning software. :)

Good Morning! Thank you all again. Flew to GA for feul then on to Jax Beach, FL for a few days....a little beach time and a walk around St. Augustine. Heading to TX tomorrow ....eat and back up in the air to NM for a day or so. So far we are thinking about WA for some salmon and maybe Alaska.....depends on the wx.

Roundout ~ I met my pilot 4 years ago and had never flown in a small plane....he has taught me so much about flying and most importantly.....how to fall in love with a Mooney!

Off to the beach ..... ;)

As mentioned the The Hangar Hotel in Fredericksburg is an excellent choice. As an added benefit, there will be about 150 Porsche's lined up in front this weekend, especially Saturday morning at a Show & Shhine, with a bunch of very friendly people. I was there last year, but will miss this one.

Check it out http://www.boxstoberfest.com/