N9201A

Please see MooneyCaravan.com for a listing of all things Mooney at Oshkosh.  Sponsored by Mooney International, the Mooney Caravan to Oshkosh Safety Foundation is a 501©(3) charitable organization dedicated to safely aviating Mooney aircraft.

The fun starts in Madison on Saturday as we pay visits to those "other" mass arrival launch airfields in an overhead, airborne salute.  BBQ tickets available through the website.  Come on by and meet other Mooniacs!

Saturday, July 18 - Madison, WI
7:00 am - 11:00am - Breakfast
7:00 am - Briefing for Dawn Patrol Mission
9:00 am - 4:00 pm - Practice sorties, proficiency flights at MSN
9:00 am - 4:00 pm - Registration at Wisconsin Aviation MSN
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm -  Shuttle to Pedro's Mexican Restaurante
6:00 pm - Mooney Caravan MSN Dinner at Pedro's (Sponsored by Continental Engines)
Sunday, July 19 - Madison, WI and Oshkosh, WI
Note: The annual meeting of the Mooney Caravan Tribal Council will immediately follow.
7:00 am - 9:00 am Breakfast
7:00 am - 9:00 am Shuttle to Wisconsin Aviation MSN
8:00 am - Mooney Caravan Flight Leader Brief at Wisconsin Aviation MSN
8:15 am - Mooney Caravan Ground Vehicle departs for OSH from MSN
8:30 am - Mooney Caravan Pilot Brief at Wisconsin Aviation MSN (pilots only!)
10:10 am - Engine Start for Mooney Caravan at MSN
10:30 am - Take-off Mooney Caravan at MSN
10:30 am - Mooney Caravan Ground Vehicle arrives at OSH
11:00 am - Mooney Caravan Arrives at OSH -- Sponsored by Mooney International
12:00 pm - Mooney Caravan Debrief -- Refreshments provided by Mooney International
5:00 pm - Cherokees 2 Oshkosh Wine, Beer & Cheese Social Gathering
North 40 Mooney Caravan HQ Tent
TBA - Royal and Ancient Secret and Sober Society of the Single Malt
North 40 at Camp Cherokee
Monday, July 20 - Oshkosh, WI
8:00 am - Mooney Pancake Breakfast (Caravan Registrants only)
10:00 am - 11:15 am - Mooney Owners Forum
Sponsored by Lasar (Lake Aero Styling) & AC Air Technology
4:00 pm - 2014 Board of Directors Meeting
EAA Forum Pavilions - Forum 3

Join Mooney experts in the fields of aircraft operations, safety, aeromedical, maintenance, insurance, FARs. Hear from Mooney International. Learn about Mooney organizations that support you.

Mooney Caravan Educational Safety Foundation

6:00 pm - MooneySpace Forum Social Gathering

Tuesday, July 21 - Oshkosh, WI

• Like 1

As a guy from Madison, you really should ditch the Pedros thing. That place is depressing and frankly pretty terrible. I can suggest so many other options just as close. These would include:

Prime Quarter- A great grill your own steak place right across from Pedros on East Washington Ave.- Awesome food and a great social environment.

Doolittles- By east town mall/across from your hotel and aviation themed- good wood fire grill menu.

• Like 1

Thanks!  I'm sure I'll be able to find it.

George, if you walk into the North 40 towards Friar Tucks, you won't be able to MISS it.  We have been and will be at the bend in the road where Ry9/27 ends.  Come by and duck out of the rain, sit and rest for a minute, or recharge your phone and chat with other Mooniacs.  It's THE Mooney HQ in the No. 40 all week.  Look forward to meeting you!

As a guy from Madison, you really should ditch the Pedros thing. That place is depressing and frankly pretty terrible. I can suggest so many other options just as close. These would include:

Prime Quarter- A great grill your own steak place right across from Pedros on East Washington Ave.- Awesome food and a great social environment.

Doolittles- By east town mall/across from your hotel and aviation themed- good wood fire grill menu.

Yeah, your city is very nice and offers a snooty foodie some great choices, I have been fortunate enough to sample many of them.  And if we were looking for a romantic dinner or dining experience, that would be good advice.  

I have no idea what Pedro's is like any other day of the year, but trust me, there is nothing depressing about that separate dining room filled with fellow Mooniacs, margaritas, camaraderie and FUN.  For many of us, it's one of the most fun evenings any of us enjoy all year.  Come out and fly with us sometime, you will see for yourself.  In eleven years, I have not heard anyone yet decline to attend because of the venue;  but if someone wanted to put the energy into organizing a "better" venue, hey, we are ALL volunteers, I am not sure anyone would object.  Thank you for sharing your ideas.  

• Like 1

I hardly consider everyone gathered around the grill charing up steaks a "romantic" dinning experience. If you guys like Pedro's then rock on. Just thought I would shed some local insight, and frankly I did offer to host a cook out Friday night at my hangars (1 that is filled with an M20J) for the early arrival folks on the south ramp and no one I guess elected to take me up on my offer so I actually am joining another mass fly out bunch at their dinner instead.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, NOTAMS for MSN have the south ramp and access from runways closed into August. Also, ground transportation from the FBO to the south hangar complex is challenging due to TSA access restrictions. So our advanced planning in Flight Ops determined that any consideration of south ramp/complex activities would not be advised, at least for this year.

Would be great if you consider our Mooney Tribal gathering at Pedro's. Several on Mooneyspace are flying in the Mooney Mass Arrival and will be there. Come meet your Mooney brothern.

• Like 1

Yeah I kinda figured it was kind of iffy with that construction but I guess an answer back would have been nice. Taxiway H is open to let us in and out just FYI. I'll see if I can make it over for at least a drink and to meet folks. I have a few hangars open if any one might be interested Thursday or Friday night.

Oh, I DID see some traffic on that potential activity, thank you for that offer.  Didn't realize that was you duckguy.  But as Cowboy pointed out the logistics of moving 80-90 people around prevented accepting your kind offer. Did not know no one responded to you, however, will follow up on that.  Sorry.

But we ARE the most fun mass arrival bunch -- just comparison shop and you will see.  This year you have one more to choose from, the Cirri join the Cessnas, Cherokees and Bonanza.  Enjoy...and come by WA on Friday and say hi.  As Cowboy said, you are more than welcome if your plans are not in stone!

• 3 weeks later...

I will be arriving on Friday, not sure if it would be mid day or late afternoon if weather is good, if not Saturday noon.

I guess there is parking arranged for all the mooney's that will be joining the caravan at MSN ?

I will be arriving on Friday, not sure if it would be mid day or late afternoon if weather is good, if not Saturday noon.

I guess there is parking arranged for all the mooney's that will be joining the caravan at MSN ?

Houman, give me a call tonight. You probably have other questions like that. I will have most of the answers.

Yves

Will we be wearing name tags with our handles on them?

The Caravan members who are "returning" all have name tags. The ones that come for the first time will get theirs on Saturday at the latest.

Yves

I have no idea what Pedro's is like any other day of the year, but trust me, there is nothing depressing about that separate dining room filled with fellow Mooniacs, margaritas, camaraderie and FUN.  For many of us, it's one of the most fun evenings any of us enjoy all year.  Come out and fly with us sometime, you will see for yourself. 

After meeting this group of misfits in Yuma I can second that. This group could make a smelly back alley into an entertaining place to spend an evening. Bummed I won't be joining you all this year. 

• Like 2

For those who are planning to attend the Tuesday evening BBQ at the Mooney Caravan tent, it is strongly suggested you buy your tickets in advance on Paypal here:

http://www.mooneycaravan.com/registration/registration-fees-and-bbq-tickets

Very few walk-ins are accepted and last year several were turned down.

Deadline is Monday Central time 5 PM

Yves