Pre pre pre purchase photo shoot

I'd say not un-typical for an airplane that has been maintained in a minimal fashion. Not neglected, not well-cared for either.

Which pictures are you concerned about? Or is it just the overall poor paint condition?

Slight surface corrosion is not very disconcerting, the two pictures that show the spar and stub spar look rough but no corrosion.

A good clean up and hardware replacement would do wonders for this plane.

68 M20C, took lots and lots of pics. I'm all ears to anyone willing to check them out and comment. There are a few I'm concerned about. Thanks!https://plus.google.com/photos/104128997267428816444/albums/6161902791717704721

My opinion differs, move on to another. It needs major paint work, there is bare metal everywhere, no evidence of Alodine or primer, it's just a matter of time before more falls off

Under maintained comes to mind when looking at the pictures.

Clarence

Wowwie!!!

I have finally discerned that this is a pic of the prop spinner!

How many layers of old pealing paint have been coated over?

pic #114

It is a good plane,,  for 22k$

Yeah the seller wants way too much. When was it painted? It looks like whoever did it didn't do that good of a job. If it needs paint that's money that you don't have to deal with the other surprises that will come your way.

Wowwie!!!

I have finally discerned that this is a pic of the prop spinner!

How many layers of old pealing paint have been coated over?

pic #114

It is a good plane,, for 22k$

yup, that was one that concerned me....not because it'll have any immediate impact on the safety of the plane, but it kind of shows how they went about their maintenance. the pic attached also concerns me. I'll be honest, I don't even know what it is/does, but it's very corroded. the pics of the jugs with silicone everywhere also concerned me.

post-12849-0-79671800-1434741003_thumb.j

post-12849-0-89922500-1434741006_thumb.j

YUP price is too high for the condition. 10K MAY be about right - or more.

Depends on what you want in the end Look around some more and you'll see what we mean

yep, this is the first 'mooney for sale' that I've ever looked at. it's not great, I know. workable, but not great.

You'll save money in the long run if you can spend a bit more upfront.

By my calculation... almost two years ago when I was looking... was 4 to 1.  For every extra dollar I spent up front, I'd save four dollars that it would cost to upgrade to the same.  If that one is $41K, I'm even happier with mine at $48K.

why does 68C have a narrow deck engine on it ????  I have '67C s/n 59  with wide deck engine installed from the factory, I met another 67C owner  s/n 41(I think it was)  it had a narrow deck. It seems odd to me that in 1968 would have a narrow deck engine installed .  On a side note like others have mentioned  I would make sure the rear spar is in airworthy condition. I can't remember if it was SI or SB for a I think was for  doubler on the rear spar for the flaps hinge points  in case   flap extension   occurred above the flap extension speeds this may not apply to 1968 models, I know that some earlier model had this mod.

OK Mooniacs   just for fun, I dont know why the ID of this plane was hidden from us,   But

Google all you want for N6753N,,,   yah  Ive been doing some sluthing...

And watch this ,,,    

OK Mooniacs just for fun, I dont know why the ID of this plane was hidden from us, But

Google all you want for N6753N,,, yah Ive been doing some sluthing...

And watch this ,,,

Sure, Google away. So far you have uncovered the fact that the plane can actually start, taxi, AND takeoff!

Certainly wasn't my intention to 'hide', more just to respect privacy, I guess. If the thing is a lemon I wasn't intending to expose the guy or the plane. Just posted pics and looking for thoughts, not much more to it than that. Commence googling.

OK Mooniacs   just for fun, I dont know why the ID of this plane was hidden from us,   But

Google all you want for N6753N,,,   yah  Ive been doing some sluthing...

And watch this ,,,    

I want my 1:35 back. I thought something interesting might happen.

• Like 2

Lasar sells the kit for the dorsel fin. Mooney sold the parts for the scoop on the fin. Lasar has instructions for both dorsel fin mods. Doesn't worry me too much. The baffles are just shot, and the techs working on it were too lazy to change them or the owner didn't want to pay. Thus Silicone it is...

I think it's a decent airplane that needs some love and paint. Our airplane was almost like this but it didn't have a 430 and the engine needed work. I'd go for it, but have a bag of cash in the corner of the hangar when you get it home. It's sure not an airplane to run screaming away from. Just one that needs some work. Check both front and aft spars for corrosion, as well as the longerons in the tail.

Good luck!

-Matt