New EDM830 4/6 cylinder system $2190/2390

I have a complete new EDM830 system for sale.  Can take other JPI products in part trade and reduce the price accordingly. (EDM700,800, FS450 etc). 

Aerodon, supercub180@gmail.com

photo 2.JPG

photo 1.JPG

Edited by Aerodon
Price reduction by JPI
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a note,

We had a very positive experience with Don when we traded our EDM-700 and FS-450 for a new EDM-830. Don is very knowledgable and we got what (probes sensor harnesses) we needed, only what we needed ... shipped promptly at at a fair price.

Thank you Don.

+2 on my experience with Don. Purchased my WX-500 from him. No issues and arrived timely.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Don, looking for edm 830. I have an edm 700currently. It doesn't have f.f. I would like to get the necessary pieces to have fuel flow and % power. I have a 1980 m20k 231 with the 360LB Continental.

I don't know where this note goes, so my email is torque.dan@gmail.com talk to you soon, thanks Dan

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
11 hours ago, Aerodon said:

Bump this to the top again - Oshkosh rebates are over, I have one new system, one used EDM830 coming in which I can sell as an upgrade or a complete new system with new probes and harnesses etc.  Don

Hi Don, I will be interested in a complete, (full house)EDM830 for a M20J.

Regards,

Andy

• 2 months later...
Whats average install of this type of system? 1977 M20J

Depends if you get a full primary replacement kit, or just a supplementary -7xx or -8xx, and especially if you need panel work to make one fit. If you add fuel flow (highly recommended) then you'll need two new fuel hoses do you can put the transducer in line. If you add the full replacement kit, you'll need extra hoses for oil, fuel, and manifold pressure.

I did my own supervised-900 install last year and had 50-60 hours in it, with minor panel work to enlarge a hole to 3 1/8" from 2 1/4", and removing my old stuff and installing blanks in the holes. An experienced shop should be faster. A non-primary system should be less since there are fewer sensors to install.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Two relatively inexperienced guys can install an 4 cylinder EDM830 in one to two days.  But do it at annual, when the cowl is off and access is good.  Do some homework, figure out where to install on the panel without having to cut new holes, the routing of wires, sourcing and obtaining fuel flow fittings and hoses etc.  Location of circuit breaker or in line fuse, FF switch etc.

Don

• Like 1

I looked for a second hand 900 for about a year. I doubt you'll find one. It might be because there is virtually no reason anyone would pull one out or upgrade from a 900 to anything else. Sure the 930 is larger, but if you've installed the 900, its not likely that you'd pull it out just for a slightly larger screen. I sure hate to pay retail and looked for quite awhile with no success. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

I looked for a second hand 900 for about a year. I doubt you'll find one. It might be because there is virtually no reason anyone would pull one out or upgrade from a 900 to anything else. Sure the 930 is larger, but if you've installed the 900, its not likely that you'd pull it out just for a slightly larger screen. I sure hate to pay retail and looked for quite awhile with no success. 

he seems to have indicated multiple times he sells new systems as well....

4 hours ago, peevee said:

have any 900's coming in?

Here's the problem.  I acquired a 930 from a project that never went ahead.  JPI wanted $700 to re-program which I paid.  So then I acquired another uninstalled 930.  JPI won't reprogram it for me this time, even though I am a dealer.  So, just bite the bullet, buy a 900/930 when the rebate is on (like now).

Don