Bose A20 in the Mooney

Magnum

Yesterday I tested the Bose A20 in the Mooney. I couldn't believe how quiet they are, much better than the X. When I tested them at the shop with a noise generator they were just a little bit better than the X, but in the cockpit it is a great difference. They seem to have improved the interference with mobile phones, too. My X switches the ANR function completly off when the mobile in my pocket starts to transmit. With the A20 I just hear some ticking noise in the background and that's it. The volume regulators are better now, too. I had to fix them on the X with a tape, otherwise they were often moved accidentally.

But it has one drawback: The clamp pressure is higher now. I could wear the X comfortably the whole day, but I really noticed the A20 after only one hour.