Does it Bother Anybody Else?

Does the FBI operating a fleet of aircraft (Mostly Cessna's) under a shell front company to surveill over cities bother anybody?

Does the 70% fail on finding items (like guns/grenades) that plants took past TSA checkpoints bother anybody?

OR is it like I think and it bothers Nobody.

Does the FBI operating a fleet of aircraft (Mostly Cessna's) under a shell front company to surveill over cities bother anybody?

Does the 70% fail on finding items (like guns/grenades) that plants took past TSA checkpoints bother anybody?

OR is it like I think and it bothers Nobody.

I happen to see one of these up close (don't ask me how). It was unbelievable what they had onboard.

Why can't I get a job to fly one of them?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My question is this:

They collect usefull and useless data from intercepting our phone conversations. What do they do with the useless data? Do they discard it? If they don't that's illegal, they know it, and it would bother me.

IOW do they throw the little fish back or do they keep them?!

As long as there is a judge involved and a warrant, no issues with FBI aircraft. TSA is another matter.  They are simply expensive (in)security theater. 

They found my duty free gin on my way back from free world into US (SR). Apparently they could not fathom that European do not pack things into tamper proof packaging. I'm sure it was a great party later on the South Side of Chicago. I gave up arguing once I realized me and the TSA guy did not speak the same language even though he appeared to have been born here in US of A, while I wasn't, I did speak Queen's English. Not sure what the gentleman spoke...

And no, they don't have warrants. The articles I read stated they are using some DOJ procedures to ensure our rights are not violated ;-). And in any case, warrants don't mean anything these days. They are simply rubber stamped as they appear on judges' desks. 

I don't have a problem with it.  As a kid I remember listening to cell phone conversations on my Dads UHF radio before the digital age of cell phone towers.  I really don't see the difference.  I do think the public should have the same right as the government to buy a stringray device and listen to cell phone activities.  It's just airways.  People should be put on warning (except for the criminals).  If your concerned with people listening to your phone conversation then use a land line.

I remember about two weeks after the Boston bombing, there was a news blurb that said the FBI was able to get a recording of an incriminating phone call between the bomber's sister and the bomber. The recording was of his sister's cell phone. Before the bombing she was just a random citizen.

How the hell were they able to get that recording? Even now they say that they only collect metadata. Someone is recording the content as well....

I remember about two weeks after the Boston bombing, there was a news blurb that said the FBI was able to get a recording of an incriminating phone call between the bomber's sister and the bomber. The recording was of his sister's cell phone. Before the bombing she was just a random citizen.

How the hell were they able to get that recording? Even now they say that they only collect metadata. Someone is recording the content as well....

NSA. They record more or less everything, probably including me typing this message. When FBI wants to use that data in criminal proceedings, they lie thru their teeth and use a process called "parallel construction" where they fabricate a story how they lawfully obtained such evidence to move around the fruit of poisonous tree doctrine. It's been going on for decades, even before NSA. Judges are very aware of this and do nothing. The entire "justice" system is broken.

Interesting that most are in favor of government's eye in the sky. Not surprising to me, just interesting. Minimal input on TSA screening or lack there of. A big fail, but silence there. Again, not surprising to me, just interesting.

Like I thought. Nobody cares. Other than that, not so much.

It never ceases to amaze me how efficient the airport security is in Europe and even in Israel. In Vienna they actually prefer you show up only 75 minutes early and you can actually check your bags in at the train station. Trained professionals working security, probably paid about 60K euros a year, not high school drop outs, actually profiling passengers and looking for suspicious behavior. Shoes and belts stay on.

Israel is even better. Probably 15 minutes from curb side to gate. In the mean time, you get to chat with 3 different guys/gals, once again, professionals. Simple questions and profiling. And no stupid lines making 500 people a target like O'hare. No empty stares...

• Like 1

I would prefer they weren't up the doing the big bro thing but given a choice Its better than drones with some programmer in a window less building flying a windowless aircraft. Even though a Cessna is much cheaper to operate than a big helicopter I'm sure they spend a disproportionate amount of my money to spy on us. At least there is a pilot hopefully watching out for air traffic as they tool along

Ever read Paul B's blog? Just talked about how many "dark ops" R&D hangers he is running into these days. Lots of Big G contracts to create units that will stay up for not hours, but days, weeks, months,...Years...spying on the citizens of the USA. All citizens, NOT just "the baddies". Necessary for tax payer money to protect us with this technology on our soil?

surveillance drones ARE coming. Based on responses here. No big deal. In fact, GOOD. Catch the baddies you all say. Is that what this country was founded upon? Spying on ALL the citizens to "weed out the baddies"?

Ever read Paul B's blog? Just talked about how many "dark ops" R&D hangers he is running into these days. Lots of Big G contracts to create units that will stay up for not hours, but days, weeks, months,...Years...spying on the citizens of the USA. All citizens, NOT just "the baddies". Necessary for tax payer money to protect us with this technology on our soil?

surveillance drones ARE coming. Based on responses here. No big deal. In fact, GOOD. Catch the baddies you all say. Is that what this country was founded upon? Spying on ALL the citizens to "weed out the baddies"?

Hey, they are heroes, don't you know that?

• Like 1

Like this baddie just yesterday, for instance. Happens all the time and nobody cares about that either. I say, say "thank you" and go about your day selling insurance in Iowa.

Jim

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/david-wright-man-arrested-boston-terror-probe-make-court-appearance-n369051

You must be a cop, seems to me you like to tell others what to do...

O.K. Jim. We need drone's to take out a baddie that took a knife to a gunfight. Gotcha. Officer doesn't need my thanks, I think he should thank his training and the fact that he was armed with a firearm vs. a whisle and a badge.

Is your problem my questioning the Constitutional Interpretation of the 4th amendment by the FBI? The need for the use of a shell company vs. identifying who they belong to? The fact that they won't disclose the purpose of the aircraft? I get it. Ask no questions. The Government is doing what they need to do to protect me from threats I can not comprehend?

Why the personal attack for asking questions and stating an opinion on the future of Drone's Domestic use? Armed drone's in the future on US soil? All good?

"I like to feel safe. The fact that the Federal Government tries hard to keep me safe versus really keeping me safe is important to me. I like to go to bed at night knowing the Federal Government is spending a lot of money and collecting a lot of data that may or may not be used to actually keep me safe"-Joe Average American

I think the same thing that give me the rights to take photos or video in public give the government the same rights to video in public.  If you are in public doing public things and they have a camera in the sky, it is no different than a cop with a dashcam.   The pods on the 182 looked like the same optics that they have on the Predator drone for targeting.   Now if someone wanted to go up and tail the 182 that should also be legal

• Like 1