Fantastic Find (spot free washing - NO drying)

Hi all,

I'm not one to do many reviews but when I come across a service or product that is above and beyond, well, I feel the need to let others know of my experience.

We had our corporate jet painted early this year and it is ALL black. It came out beautifully and it draws a lot of attention wherever we go. There are two comments that everybody makes when they see it for the first time. "Wow, that looks incredible".............and right after that comment comes "I'm sure glad I don't have to try and keep it clean". Washing and drying a plane of this size (Dassault Falcon) generally takes an 8 hour day with two people going at it.

Well, it hasn't been too bad as we are under a hangar pretty much wherever we go but it still collects dust. In an effort to try and keep the paint looking brand new and not get the little swirls in it we went on a search for a no spot rinse system so we didn't have to drag a chamois or towels over the paint. I've tried the no spot rinse at various car wash centers with marginal success. However, the system we decided to try had a money back guarantee, so we figured we had nothing to lose.

I am ecstatic to report that this system performs as advertised!!! Not only did I do the entire airplane in 4 hours myself but it dried without any water spots. There was even water laying on the top of the wing for hours and coming back the next day revealed what all the vertical surfaces looked like........spot FREE. I am attaching a picture and it's kind of hard to tell what it is.........but it is me taking a picture of the nose area of the airplane to show that there are no spots. It's crazy how reflective that black paint is.

We were so impressed with the unit that we purchased one to keep at the garage to use on the trucks & machinery as well.

This is the unit that we purchased.
CR Spotless

If you're interested you can use the following coupon code for a 10% discount: 3green

My dealings with the folks at CR Spotless have been nothing less than first class.

post-7889-0-29710100-1432180182_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Soft water makes for great cleaning! We put a water softener in a couple of houses ago, the Reverse Osmosis thing at the kitchen sink made great cleaning without even using soap. Not for dishes, but eye glasses, jewelry, etc. Also made great rinse water for crystal, no spots.

This looks like a portable water softener, it should work well.

Your photo confused me, as I was looking for the nose of the jet. Then I realized it was the reflection of your phone and hangar . . . Impressive results!!

• Like 1

Hi all,

I'm not one to do many reviews but when I come across a service or product that is above and beyond, well, I feel the need to let others know of my experience.

We had our corporate jet painted early this year and it is ALL black. It came out beautifully and it draws a lot of attention wherever we go. There are two comments that everybody makes when they see it for the first time. "Wow, that looks incredible".............and right after that comment comes "I'm sure glad I don't have to try and keep it clean". Washing and drying a plane of this size (Dassault Falcon) generally takes an 8 hour day with two people going at it.

Well, it hasn't been too bad as we are under a hangar pretty much wherever we go but it still collects dust. In an effort to try and keep the paint looking brand new and not get the little swirls in it we went on a search for a no spot rinse system so we didn't have to drag a chamois or towels over the paint. I've tried the no spot rinse at various car wash centers with marginal success. However, the system we decided to try had a money back guarantee, so we figured we had nothing to lose.

I am ecstatic to report that this system performs as advertised!!! Not only did I do the entire airplane in 4 hours myself but it dried without any water spots. There was even water laying on the top of the wing for hours and coming back the next day revealed what all the vertical surfaces looked like........spot FREE. I am attaching a picture and it's kind of hard to tell what it is.........but it is me taking a picture of the nose area of the airplane to show that there are no spots. It's crazy how reflective that black paint is.

We were so impressed with the unit that we purchased one to keep at the garage to use on the trucks & machinery as well.

This is the unit that we purchased.

CR Spotless

If you're interested you can use the following coupon code for a 10% discount: 3green

My dealings with the folks at CR Spotless have been nothing less than first class.

Dang, for that kind of AMU's, Ill hire the local college cheer leaders to do the washing and buffing! 

• Like 1

Dang, for that kind of AMU's, Ill hire the local college cheer leaders to do the washing and buffing! 

Mike, the first one we looked at was $4,300.  They were extremely proud of their unit.  LOL  The CR Spotless was a bargain compared to that one.  

• Like 1

Whoa! Who painted your Jet!?!?! That's impressive. I have seen good work from West Star GJT, and Duncan, but not that nice, near perfect!

...and no water spots.

Nice find!

-Matt

Hey Matt,

West Star in Alton, IL did it.  And they were fanatical about it.  They did an outstanding job and pictures don't do it justice.  There is no orange peel, dull area's, etc.  

I wonder how a glossy black Mooney (rocket) would look?

It would look good.  It would stay warm in the cold too - kind of like a black car in the winter.

In warm climates, it will never cool down outside.

N111KB was a 1967 F model that was a J clone I looked at back in 2008.  It had a ton of redundant gear.

319026179_23ea39e159_z.jpg?zz=1

It would look good.  It would stay warm in the cold too - kind of like a black car in the winter.

In warm climates, it will never cool down outside.

N111KB was a 1967 F model that was a J clone I looked at back in 2008.  It had a ton of redundant gear.

319026179_23ea39e159_z.jpg?zz=1

That looks nice - but not ALL black.

I am starting to think that an ALL BLACK Mooney might look fantastic.

That looks nice - but not ALL black.

I am starting to think that an ALL BLACK Mooney might look fantastic.

I think it would look great too.  I wonder though if it wasn't hangared what kind of havoc the 150 degree skin temp would play on the sealant in the tanks not to mention the expansion?

• 4 months later...

It doesn't say how much to have the cartridges re-cycled or replaced. They would typically clean the ion exchange resins like with a water softener, the ad mentions refilling or replacing the cartridges, but doesn't say how much. 300 gallons isn't that much water.

I think you could put together a DI system for less then cost of this system. There are usually water treatment services that will rent you the filters. That is what they do in most labs.

I have taken a different approach.  In the three years I have owned my plane, I have never taken a hose to it.  I basically dry wash my plane with NuPower http://www.nuvitechemical.com/c-29-paintcare-gloss-polish-drywash.aspx This however is a bit time consuming.   For managing the typical bug collection or accumulated dust, I use water.   The local water  has a high calcium content and leaves spots.  So, I use water from my dehumidifier that I keep in the hangar.  It may not be 100% pure H2O (the ph of the atmosphere), but it doesn't leave spots either.  --You would be amazed how far a 2 gallons of water goes when combined with a micro fiber towel, provided the plane is out of the sun.

• Like 1

I have taken a different approach.  In the three years I have owned my plane, I have never taken a hose to it.  I basically dry wash my plane with NuPower http://www.nuvitechemical.com/c-29-paintcare-gloss-polish-drywash.aspx This however is a bit time consuming.   For managing the typical bug collection or accumulated dust, I use water.   The local water  has a high calcium content and leaves spots.  So, I use water from my dehumidifier that I keep in the hangar.  It may not be 100% pure H2O (the ph of the atmosphere), but it doesn't leave spots either.  --You would be amazed how far a 2 gallons of water goes when combined with a micro fiber towel, provided the plane is out of the sun.

That is very will thought out ChrisK

Good job.