Stuck? Stall warning.

Ok, the next thing in a long list of bugs. The electrons are being grumpy again.

On the way to work today, the stall warning just started going off. Not at full volume, sort of half volume. Roughly equivalent to a low whistle. Quite annoying! It is probably nothing more than a bad ground or dirt somewhere in the switch.

Flight conditions: IMC, +20C, rain.

Ideas?

On the plus side, the MX170C's are working well!

Interesting. My first thought was weather conditions.

Shortly after I acquired my E I flew off to Louisiana on a gorgeous and blustery spring day and did a few intense cross-wind landings at the little airport in Jennings.

I marveled at the unparalleled performance of the plane, but kept getting little chirps from somewhere that befuddled me.

Turns out they were coming from the stall warning horn and were a function of the gusts.

Neat.

It would appear that I did the wrong dance and chant. My f****** gremlin ran to the HSI! I'm goona catch that little bastard eventually...

Yep, got in the plane this morning only to find the hsi compass card will not rotate. I did hear some strange sounds coming from the back a couple days ago, I guess I know what that was now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It looks like you have a short somewhere in your stall warning circuit. It will only get worse to the point that even without water it will sound. But, as crazy as it sounds, that's actually a bonus because a constant electrical problem is infinitely easier to track down and fix than an intermittent one. 

• Like 2

It would appear that I did the wrong dance and chant. My f****** gremlin ran to the HSI! I'm goona catch that little bastard eventually...

Yep, got in the plane this morning only to find the hsi compass card will not rotate. I did hear some strange sounds coming from the back a couple days ago, I guess I know what that was now.

Yep, it sounds like an improper chant was carried out. It may be too late now to do the correct chant. Instead, you may be forced to present a sacrificial financial offering to appease the gremlin.

• Like 1

It looks like you have a short somewhere in your stall warning circuit. It will only get worse to the point that even without water it will sound. But, as crazy as it sounds, that's actually a bonus because a constant electrical problem is infinitely easier to track down and fix than an intermittent one.

Very true. I am pretty good at chasing electrical problems, but intermittent are the worst!

Meh, who needs a stall warming anyway? When the nose drops, it stalled right??