CFI to do 10 hours dual with me while we bring my (hopefully) m20j back to VA from FL?

Heybluez

I have a purchase agreement in place, money down, and the pre-buy inspection is Wednesday. If all goes well, I want to go pick it up Thursday, May 21 in South FL.  Any recommendations on a CFI that I can call?  For insurance I need 10 hours dual on it.. so figure we take two days to go from FL to my home base in VA (KCHO)?  Hopefully a CFI in the Northeast or somewhere I could drop off and fly solo back. Need 5 hours solo to take passengers.  

Thanks!
MJP

Parker, got your ears on? I have to fly with a student to Portland later this week and have a student coming in from San Fran on the dates Heybluez wants to pick the plane up. I gave him Bruce Jaegers contact info also, but think Bruce has fled to the frozen wasteland of MN already...

If it will take 10 hours the get from Florida to Virginia there must be something wrong with the plane!

Just kidding, hope it works out for you, you'll love a J

Clarence

If it will take 10 hours the get from Florida to Virginia there must be something wrong with the plane!

Just kidding, hope it works out for you, you'll love a J

Clarence

Probably flying a Comanche! Man you guys are just giving me material tonight. Jimmy Kimmel would be proud!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Probably flying a Comanche! Man you guys are just giving me material tonight. Jimmy Kimmel would be proud!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sure I could do it faster even if I had to tow the Mooney!

Clarence

You might find the first day to be a lot of take-offs and landings. Then traveling after that.

Get good rest, it may be cognitively challenging...

-a-

Yeah, especially if you've never flown a Mooney before. They will make a pilot out of you, or you can be like me, 450 or so hours later, I still get surprised every now and then…Chances of me ever becoming more than an experienced autopilot operator are slim ;-)

Thanks all!

Very funny on the 10 hours... Insurance requirement so figure we will have to fly in a zig zag pattern all the way!

Parker?

If an old guy like me were flying with you, you probably would have to land at every airport for me to pee and hone your landing/slow flight skills in the process 

• Like 2

If an old guy like me were flying with you, you probably would have to land at every airport for me to pee and hone your landing/slow flight skills in the process

Haha.. Got it.

Still looking for a CFI to help. I did contact mapa safety foundation to see as well. Will let you all now. Thank you again!

~Michael

A Mooney could fly on the unburned fuel in the exhaust in the Comanche.

Ron

You're right, with 8 cylinders running lean of peak it actually makes fuel!

Clarence

I flew with Parker when I picked mine up. I'd use him again if I needed someone to fly with me. I did my intro training with Bruce Jaeger who supposedly spends time in Florida as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, they both sound awesome. Unfortunately, neither are available. :(  I do have a couple of guys that may be able to do it. Working on it.  

Thank you all for your help!

Buds a good choice plus he bought my 1988 j about 7 yrs ago, he was at the mapa school teaching at Roanoke lastvyr. He just needs a reason to fly and will give you excellent instruction..