Gascolator Gasket 2" x 1/16"

18 hours ago, 65C_flier said:
On 10/16/2021 at 4:34 PM, mike20papa said:

Looking at that photo ..I would be asking myself what the heck is going on to cause that dimensioning of tubing wall on the fuel line.  

@mike20papa  not sure what you are seeing here? The fuel lines going into gascolator looked OK to us.

Please forgive my amateur observations.

Could it be the brake line that @mike20papa is referencing and not fuel line?  Looks like some chafing has occurred in a few places.

I think the safety wire job could be better.  It doesn’t take a direct route from the nut to the anchor point.  There should be room on the gascolaoter base to drill a new safety wire hole and then the anchor point doesn’t have to go up to the AN fitting at the top.

image.thumb.jpeg.a3a447b1d8ec8c4a4248d59d3efb4c4b.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2021 at 1:27 AM, 47U said:

Please forgive my amateur observations.

Could it be the brake line that @mike20papa is referencing and not fuel line?  Looks like some chafing has occurred in a few places.

I think the safety wire job could be better.  It doesn’t take a direct route from the nut to the anchor point.  There should be room on the gascolaoter base to drill a new safety wire hole and then the anchor point doesn’t have to go up to the AN fitting at the top.

image.thumb.jpeg.a3a447b1d8ec8c4a4248d59d3efb4c4b.jpeg

Thanks for the observations.  The dark marks on the brake line are just grease/oil and good point about the safety wire.  That pic was prior to removal and it was fixed on reinstall.

• Like 1