Annual Time in DC Area

Barry

OK ... it's annual time for me. With this great resource (MooneySpace) it behoves me to ask where the best place to get a Mooney annual would be. I normally use Freeway (W00) ... they are an MSC. Are there any other better places in the DC area??

• 2 weeks later...

I had a lot of work done on my M20F at Freeway during my last annual.  Very satisfied with Tom and the maintenance crew.  Plan to continue using them for my annuals as long as I'm stationed in the D.C. area.  There may be others that equal them, but doubt anyone does better.

Fly safe,

Jim

Does anyone know if Freeway patches leaking tanks? I bought this plane in Feb '10 and shortly noticed a brown stain at the main gear. The left tank was sealed by SWT in '08. I called them immediately and they told me they only had a 1 yr warrenty which expired in Oct '09. The tanks is leakiing <1.5 gal a week, but it is still driving me crazy.

I prefer Clinton Aero Maintenance at W32 (Hyde Field in the DC FRZ).  They have quite a lot of Mooney experience and are thorough and fair. 

If you don't already have a PIN to fly in the FRZ, it might be more hassle than you'd like to get the plane in and out of the shop.