Customs Decal for Bahamas Trip

Dale

I am preparing for a trip to the Bahamas.  I use to fly there regularly in the 80's and 90's but haven't flown there since then.  I have gotten my entire checklist of items I need for the flight.  I just received my Customs and Border Protection decal for my airplane and I was making a note of where to place the decal.  The CBP website says that I am to affix the sticker on the "outside of the conveyance within 18 inches of the normal boarding area, where it is visible when the door is open."  I know this is probably a stupid question, but are people placing the decal on the inside part of the window or are you actually placing the decal on the outside of your plane on the front or rear passenger window.  If you are placing on the outside of the plane's window, will it actually stay in place for a year?  Any help or insight would be appreciated.  Thanks.  

So we've done only a handful of border crossings but we have not stuck the sticker on the window at all (once from Bahamas, three times from Canada over the last several years).  Only one were we asked for it and we showed it to them (still on the paper it arrived on).  Our thought is we'd stick it on the window if CBP asks us too, otherwise, we'd like to avoid sticking stickers on the window...

Mine is put left bottom side of the back passenger window. See in the middle of the following picture. It will not peel off on its own but I manage to remove old ones using my nails.

Yves

P.S. I prefer to stick it on the plane. This way I am sure I will not misplace it.

post-8981-0-96748100-1430272396_thumb.jp

I'm with Yves: I stick it on the outside, lower-right of the passenger window, mere inches from the door handle. I just stuck on a new one after peeling off the old one that had been there for three years, so I'm thinking they won't come off without extraordinary stress, which I strive to avoid.

mws out

I'm with Yves: I stick it on the outside, lower-right of the passenger window, mere inches from the door handle. I just stuck on a new one after peeling off the old one that had been there for three years, so I'm thinking they won't come off without extraordinary stress, which I strive to avoid.

mws out

Me too. Old one came off without paint damage and 2015 went on by the door handle.

And like Yves, why have yet another "document" I can misplace when I need it most?

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to thank everyone for their responses about the Bahamas decal. I made my trip over to North Eleuthera this past week and it was a wonderful trip over and back. The Bahamian customs official never even asked if we had bags and never looked at any of our bags. All they wanted were the customs forms and the money for entering the country. The trip back was equally uneventful. I flew into KOPF and American customs X-rayed our bags, got their 1 form and we were out of their in less than 10 minutes. We flew back in the morning and arrived at American customs about 10:45 and there was no one other than us going thru customs. They literally ask for nothing, including my decal, which I kept in my flight bag.

North Eleuthera was beautiful and our accommodations at Valentines Resort were really nice. We got a golf cart and rode around the small island, saw the pink sand beaches and snorkeled some gorgeous reefs. Food and drinks can be pretty expensive there but we brought some drinks from home and no one seemed to care. It was a great trip. We hope to visit Abaco later this summer. Thanks again for everyone's input, it was really appreciated.