How many Mooneys do you have on your field?

StinkBug

5 on our field, 2 in a large community hanger, 3 in closed T hangers. 

My M20E, one M20F, and 3 M20Js. At least 3 of us are on MS.

I suppose there 40+ planes based @ KMRN, all in some kind of hanger except 3 abandoned, un-airworthy planes: a 150 (152?) from a disbanded flying club, a Bonanza whose owner is serving time, and a Navion whose owner's whereabouts is a mystery. These are tied down in the grass behind a hanger leaving our ramp tie downs for transients. 

We have about seven here, but three of them rarely/never fly.

I was hoping another Mooney owner would move in ( http://mooneyspace.com/topic/13676-live-with-your-mooney-atlanta-area/?hl=community  ), but no such luck.  The new owners don't own an airplane at all, yet.

There are about 25 aircraft total at KCXL Calexico CA.

- 4 are AG machines, 1 Thrush and 3 R44s (or R22s, I don't know helicopters)

- 4 derelicts

- 2 others that fly regularly

- My K model, that of course flies regularly

- I have never even seen the hanger doors open for the other 14 or so

But, the new runway will be finished in June. Smooth asphalt for a change!!

Dave

4 on my field, all hangered. 2 C models, one not flying and 2 F models. we also have 2 people looking to purchase a Mooney and another who moved to Florida but is in the market for an older C model Mooney. that one would summer in PA and winter in FL.

Brian 

I know of at least 6 at Gaithersburg, MD, Montgomery County Airpark, KGAI, and I'm sure there are more.  

My Missile, Tim's E, Alex's K, Chuck's J, an Acclaim I see in the pattern every so often (and then tucked away in a hanger) and a J owned by five individuals that I rarely see (also in a hanger).  I think we have some in the tie down area, but I'm not sure.  I'll take a better look the next time I'm at the airport.

The MSC at W00, Freeway, MD, also has at least a dozen Mooney's based on the field not including the 4-6 being worked on any given day.  I'll count the next time I'm there.

-Seth

I dont have a Mooney, a plane, or a home base,  but Bremerton Nat. is closest to me @ 7.5 mi...

Anywhoooo  there is a 75 M20 F tied down there for at least the last month.

It is N7452V,,,  I looked it up, it belongs in Colorado,   and some words to the effect

that they have notified the owner 3,,, times to renew his registration!

So while I was having lunch at my desk I was thinking on this fine subject and since I had Google earth pro running (I use it quite a bit) in my work I thought I would visit some fields and see how many Mooney's I could count. As we all know they have as distinct of a plan form as they do profile making them easy to count. Of coarse until they come out with Google earth pro X-ray we can only count the ones outside.

We have 10 here and it includes a variety of models. There's my J, the Judge's beautiful F, Brian's 231, Terry's 252, Mike's Missile, a 201 MSE, an E, Doc's Acclaim, a C and an O2 somewhere on the field.

And a former MSC mechanic who stays fairly busy.

I dont have a Mooney, a plane, or a home base,  but Bremerton Nat. is closest to me @ 7.5 mi...

Anywhoooo  there is a 75 M20 F tied down there for at least the last month.

It is N7452V,,,  I looked it up, it belongs in Colorado,   and some words to the effect

that they have notified the owner 3,,, times to renew his registration!

Maybe you should contact the owner, look over the aircraft, and give an offer . . . who knows - it's not properly registered right now, he may let it go for a song.

Here at Byron (C83) there are four that I know of. There may be more as the active planes all live in hangars and I'm not there everyday. There's my F, another F that I haven't met the owner yet, one of our newest members, shermav8tor's C that I haven't seen yet and a derelict, non flying C that belongs to a nice old guy named Glen that just can't give it up. We also have a J and a nicely modded F that come to visit often and tie down in transient, but they are not residents.

It's too bad about the derelict '65 C as it is in much better shape than the rotting C pictured above and likely could be made to fly again. Sadly, given the economics of it today, it likely has the exact same fate in store for it as the one back east. It just doesn't make sense to revive a sitting plane usually. IMO, the FAA really, really needs to create an experimental category for certified planes like this. I think if you could just work on it yourself and could equip it with lower cost parts that the kit guys enjoy, more people would take on projects like these.

Our Mooney ramp queen-

photo3-1_zps4df4e460.jpg

Let me see.

One K

A nice red E I believe.

Another E that is inside a hangar and flys regularly.

An F that has never flown as far as I know.

Our J.

Another J that splits its time between here and Arizona.

One more that sits outside and never moves.  The owner at least cleaned the mold and mildew off it a couple months ago.

That makes 7 that I know of.

Bob

I used to live in Toccoa, early in my college days. Fun little town! Used to pass locals driving over Dick's Hill going to school. Now it's interesting to fly over my old stomping grounds. I'll have to stop in when something is going on. That was just after I failed the Navy flight physical for my eyes and decided that meant I couldn't fly. Didn't learn better for over a decade . . .

I wish I had Mooneys around me. My entire hangar is filled mostly with Pipers. I'm afraid my Mooney will start fooling around with them and start producing Pooneys.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just about covered my monitor in milk.

There used to be my grandpa's F on the field at 24J until it crashed in 03. I don't think there is another in any of the hangars. I do see some transients at Lake City and Cannon Creek (KLCQ and 15FL) from time to time. They ALWAYS catch my eye and I try to make contact with the pilot. I haven't sat in a Mooney in about 12 years. I would LOVE to get some stick time in one.

• Like 1